To add the Instructions tool to a Procore project.
Using the project's Instructions tool, you can create instructions that include attachments from other Procore tools (for example, Documents, Drawings, Photos, and more). You can also upload files from your computer to attach them to an instruction. Once your instruction is created, you can then issue it your recipients--which are typically one or more subcontractors on the project. All of this information is captured and stored in your Procore project in a log that resides in the Instructions tool. This historical record is also available in Procore for auditing purposes.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the project's Admin tool
- Your company's Procore Administrator must submit a request to your Procore point of contact to enable the Instructions tool in Procore.
- Additional Information:
- This tool has been developed specifically for Procore clients in Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.
- Navigate to the project's Admin tool.
This reveals the Admin page.
- In the right sidebar, click Active Tools.
- Locate the Instructions tool.
- Under Product Management, place a mark in the Instructions checkbox.
- Click Update.
This adds the tool to Procore's tool box under the Product Management product line.