To email direct costs from the Direct Costs tool to those who need to be aware of the details of the item.
The email functionality on the Direct Costs tool allows you to send the details of a direct cost to team members' email inbox. This might be helpful if team members would like a copy of the direct cost outside of Procore or if you'd like to begin a private discussion about the direct cost with a single person or group of people.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' and 'Admin' level permissions on the Direct Costs tool.
- Navigate to the project level Direct Costs tool.
- Click View next to the direct cost you would like to email forward.
- Click the orange Email button on the right.
- Start typing in the "To" field, and click on the people you would like to send the email to.
- Include who you would like to CC. (Note: You (the creator of the email) will automatically be CC'd on the email.)
- If you would like the email to only be accessible to people involved in the email, mark the checkbox next to Private. If you wish to allow all 'Admin' and 'Standard' level users to view the email correspondence in the Email subtab of the direct cost, uncheck the Private checkbox.
- The subject of the email is automatically populated with "FW: Invoice # [number of your direct cost]". You may edit this if you wish.
- Attach any relevant files from your computer or from your files in Procore.
- Include a message in your email.
- Click Send.
(Note: The email will be sent to all users in the "To" and "CC" field, and the email will be logged in the "Emails" subtab of the direct cost.)