This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Feature Announced: August 02, 2022 / Feature Released: August 11, 2022
Run Automated Area Detections for Concrete
As an expansion on Procore's recent Automated Area Takeoff release for floor plans, you can now run automated area detection for concrete plans. See Run Automated Area Takeoffs (or see this tutorial for the standalone Procore Estimating application).
- Since this feature uses machine learning technology, more accurate results are achieved over time. In addition, results are cached so that subsequent runs are completed faster.
- You have an option to click Run in Background to keep working an receive notification when the process is complete.
Below are the steps for how you can run area takeoffs for concrete plans:
- After an area takeoff is selected on the Takeoffs side panel, click Auto Area Takeoff.
- Select whether you want to run the area detection on all drawings, the current drawing, or if you want to manually select drawings instead. Click Continue to confirm your selection.
- In the 'Processing Algorithm' column, click the drop-down menu and select Concrete.
- Click Run Area Detection.
Note: If you want to work on other tasks and receive a notification when the process is complete, you can click Run in Background.
- Instead of needing to manually trace each area, you can click Select All to automatically select all the areas that were detected. If you need to remove a selected area, click to deselect it.
- When you're ready to confirm the takeoffs, click Use Selected Takeoffs.
|Project Level Estimating Tool (app.procore.com)||Standalone Procore Estimating (estimating.procore.com)|
|Run Automated Area Takeoffs||Run Automated Area Takeoffs in Procore Estimating|
|Add Area or Volume Takeoffs||Add Takeoffs in Procore Estimating|
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact email@example.com.