This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Feature Announced: January 13, 2020 / Feature Released: January 27, 2020
Import Job Cost Transactions from Sage 300 CRE® to Procore
If your Procore company account is integrated with Sage 300 CRE®, you now have the ability to import job cost transaction data from Sage 300 CRE®. Once imported, the values of those transactions can be viewed in the 'Direct Costs' column on a budget line item. In addition, users who are assigned the appropriate granular permission can also click the values in the 'Direct Costs' column in the budget tool to open a window showing detailed information about the item.
This update provides users who have the Procore + Sage 300 CRE® integration with the following features and benefits:
- Add a 'Direct Costs' source column to your Procore project's budget view
Provides authorized users with the ability to add a 'Direct Costs' column to your project's budget view.
- Track Sage 300 CRE® direct costs in a Procore budget
Once the 'Direct Costs' column has been added to a budget view, project users with access permissions to the budget can view the lump-sum totals from the Sage 300 CRE® job cost transactions as a direct cost value on a budget line item. The value in this column shows your project's 'Direct Costs' total for all items in the 'Pending', 'Revise and Resubmit', and 'Approved' status. Note: An accounting approver can sync the job cost transaction details from the Sage 300 CRE® on the Job Costs tab of the ERP Integrations tool.
- View direct cost transaction detail on a budget line item. Project users who have been granted the 'View Direct Cost Detail' granular permission in a permission template can click the hyperlink in the Direct Costs column of a budget line item to open the direct cost's details in a popup window. This granular permission is located in the 'Budget' area when configuring a permission template. For instructions, see Grant Granular Permissions in a Permission Template.
The following table shows you how fields are mapped between Procore and Sage 300 CRE®.
|Procore||Sage 300 CRE®|
|Accounting Date||Item Date|
|Invoice Code||Invoice Number|
The job cost transactions that you import from Sage 300 CRE® into Procore are created as the following cost types in the Procore project's Direct Costs tool.
|Procore Direct Cost Type||Sage 300 CRE® Transaction||Sage 300 CRE® Module|
|Invoice||AP Cost||Accounts Payable|
|Subcontractor Invoice||AP Cost with Commitment||Accounts Payable|
- How do we enable this feature?
- Can I enable the job cost transactions syncing capability on an existing project?
- How do I import job cost transactions from Sage 300 CRE® into Procore?
How do we enable this feature?
The steps for enabling this feature are as follows:
- Your company's Procore Administrator must submit a request to your company's Procore point of contact to enable this feature on the backend of Procore.
- A user with administrative privileges to your company's Sage 300 CRE® server must follow the steps in Setup the hh2 Sync Client to Sync Job Cost Transactions.
- Your Procore Administrator (or a user with 'Admin' permission on the project's Admin tool) must enable the job cost transactions syncing capability. See Enable ERP Job Cost Transaction Syncing on a Procore Project.
- Your Procore Administrator must update your project's budget view(s) to complete these steps:
- If you have previously completed the steps described in Add the 'ERP Direct Costs' Column to a Procore Budget View for ERP Integrations, you will need to remove both the existing 'ERP Direct Costs' calculated column and the 'ERP Job to Date Costs' source column.
- After removing these columns, you will need to add the recommended columns for job cost transaction syncing to your budget view. For instructions, see Add the Columns for Job Cost Transaction Syncing to a Budget View for ERP Integrations.
Can I enable the job cost transactions syncing capability on an existing project?
Yes. However, if you have already used the Direct Costs tool to enter data on an existing project, you should NOT enable the job costs transaction feature unless all previously entered direct costs have been removed.
How do I import job cost transactions from Sage 300 CRE® into Procore?
After the setup steps are complete (see Setup the hh2 Sync Client to Sync Job Cost Transactions) and you have granted the 'View Direct Cost Details' granular permission to the appropriate users (see Grant Granular Permissions in a Permission Template), an accounting approver can sync the job cost transaction details from the Sage 300 CRE® on the Job Costs tab of the ERP Integrations tool.
- Setup the hh2 Sync Client to Sync Job Cost Transactions
- Grant Granular Permissions in a Permission Template
- Import a Budget from Sage 300 CRE®
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact email@example.com.