This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Feature Released: July 11, 2023
Assign Default Project Permissions Templates
Assignable default project permissions templates are now available for the Company level Directory. Users with the granular permission to 'Create and Edit Users (Based on Assignable Permissions Templates)' in the Company level Directory can assign other users a default project level permission template and grant access to project level tools. Previously, only Directory Admins could manage default Project level permission templates.
To allow users to grant default project permissions, update your company's permissions templates and user permissions:
- Grant granular permissions in a company permission template.
- Update permissions for the company Directory tool to 'Read Only' or 'Standard' level permissions and mark the checkbox to Create and Edit Users (Based on Assignable Permissions Templates).
- Edit the company permissions template and mark which 'Default Project Permissions Templates' users can assign.
- Assign the company permissions template to the designated users.
Users with the granular permissions will be able to add other users to the Company Directory, set their default project permissions template, and make edits in the future if needed.
- Manage Assignable Company Templates
- Assign a Company Permissions Template to a User in the Company Directory
- Change a User's Permissions to Company Tools in the Company Directory
- Add a User Account to the Company Directory
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.