Feature Announced: May 13, 2019
Feature Released: June 17, 2019
Extract Project Data Using the Procore Extracts Application
Procore has released a new application that allows you to extract items from your Procore projects directly to your Windows computer. This application is an updated experience to the current web based Extracts tool, and aims to more accurately display progress updates, provide better control of the extract output, and allow for all project tools to be extracted at once.
After specifying a project in the application, you can select the tools you want to extract items from, and choose whether you want the attachments in those tools to be included. As soon as the extract process is initiated, the application will begin downloading the items to a chosen location on your computer, and a progress bar will be displayed. Most items in Procore (e.g., submittals, RFIs) will be downloaded as PDFs, while items such as documents and photos will be downloaded as their original file types (e.g. .xls, .jpeg). The files will be organized on your computer in a folder structure by the date extracted, project, and tool names.
- The Procore Extracts application is available to download from the 'Extracts' page of the project's Admin tool.
Note: The 'Can Run Extracts' privilege by Procore is required in order to access the 'Extracts' page in the project's Admin tool to download the application. A Procore Administrator at your company must contact your Procore point of contact to request to enable this user privilege.
- To extract project data from a tool, you will need 'Admin' permissions on that tool.
- The time it takes to complete an extract depends on factors involving your computer and network. See How long does it take to extract data from Procore?
- Install the Procore Extracts Application for Windows
- Extract Project Data Using the Procore Extracts Application
- Settings: Procore Extracts
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact email@example.com.