Feature Announced: July 19, 2019
Feature Released: August 12, 2019
Create Fieldsets for Projects
Procore has added the ability to create multiple versions of configurable fieldsets to be able to assign to projects. See Create New Configurable Fieldsets. Company level Admin users were already able to create a custom configuration of a tool's fieldsets so that the information entered on items is more relevant, however, only one configuration could be made for each fieldset. Being able to create multiple versions of fieldsets for use in different projects allows companies to have better control over data entry for items in Procore.
- Create New: A 'Create New' button has been added to allow you to add a new configurable fieldset.
Note: Configurable fieldsets can be edited, but not deleted. If you no longer want to use a configurable fieldset, you can remove it from all projects by clicking the link in the Assigned Projects column and clearing all project selections.
- Assigned Projects: The 'Active Overview' column has been renamed to 'Assigned Projects'.
- Set as Default: You are now able to set any configurable fieldset as the default for new projects.
Note: A future release will allow you to set a fieldset back to the Procore Default, as well as delete configured fieldsets.
What is a configurable fieldset?
A configurable fieldset is a group of fields that determines whether data entry is optional, required, or hidden from view when users create or edit an item. In Procore, several tools allow you to be configure certain fields as Required, Optional, or Hidden for projects. To configure fieldsets, you must have 'Admin' permissions to the Company Admin tool.
- What are configurable fieldsets and which Procore tools support them?
- Create New Configurable Fieldsets
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact email@example.com.