To create a correspondence item in a project's Correspondence tool using an Android mobile device.
You can use the Correspondence tool to create a correspondence item that is based on a specific correspondence type, such as a General Correspondence or Notice of Delay. This article will use Notice of Delay (NOD) as the correspondence type for the correspondence item creation tutorial, however you can replace the 'Notice of Delay' name throughout this tutorial with any other correspondence type you create to learn how to create a correspondence item for that correspondence type. Additionally, you can set a correspondence to private to limit the amount of collaborators who have access to a correspondence.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or higher on the project's Correspondence tool.
- Navigate to the project's Correspondence tool using an Android mobile device.
- Tap the plus icon.
- On the Select Type screen, tap the radio button for the correspondence type you want to create.
- Fill out the following fields:
- Subject: Provide a descriptive subject for the correspondence item.
- Status: Select 'Draft,' 'Open,' or 'Closed,' or to indicate the status of the correspondence.
- Draft: Select Draft if you want the correspondence item to be saved as a draft so that it is not yet sent out to recipients.
- Open: Select this status if you want the correspondence item to be sent to the specified recipients.
- Closed: Set the correspondence item to this status once all related tasks have been completed and the correspondence is considered complete.
- Description: Provide details about the NOD correspondence item you want to communicate.
- Optional: Attach one or more files to the correspondence using the following options.
- Camera: Tap to open your device's camera and take a photo.
- Library: Tap to select an image from your device's library.
- Files: Tap to select a saved file from your device's files.
- Tap the toggle ON to set the correspondence item to Private so that it can only be viewed by 'Admin' level users and those selected in the 'Assignees' and 'Distribution List' fields.
- Tap the toggle OFF if you want the correspondence item to be visible to all users with 'Read Only' or higher permissions to the project's Correspondence tool.
Due Date: Enter or select a date from the calendar for the response to be due.
Received From: Add people who are not directly responsible, but should be aware of this NOD. Add users with 'Read-Only' level permissions or higher to the distribution list. Depending on the user's permission level, they can respond to the correspondence.
Assignees: Assign responsibility for responding to a general correspondence to one or more project team members from the users in the Directory. Add users with 'Read-Only' level permissions or higher to the distribution list. Depending on the user's permission level, they can respond to the correspondence item.
Location: Select the location pertaining to the correspondence item from the drop-down list.Note: If Procore is configured to allow users to create locations (see Allow or Disallow Users to Create Locations Within a Tool), you can click the Create a New Location button at the bottom of the list.
Distribution List: Add users with 'Read-Only level permission or higher to the distribution list. Depending on the user's permission level, they can respond to the correspondence.
Tap Save as Draft, if you want to save your work in a Draft version that can be issued out to the users listed on the correspondence item at a later date.
Tap Create, if you want to issue the correspondence to the users listed on the correspondence item who will be notified via email.