Table of Contents
Welcome to the Yardi Voyager® Setup Guide
On these pages, we will walk through a number of key things to know as you prepare for and complete your implementation of the Yardi Voyager® integration.
If you have questions, be sure to direct them to your Integration Implementation Specialist or your Procore point of contact.
The navigation menu to the left will walk you through each of the key things to know and will highlight action items required of you.
Granting Procore's Access to Your Yardi Voyager® Environment
Purpose & Background
Providing Procore access to your Yardi Voyager® database is the first key step and must be completed before Procore can begin to setup your integration.
During this process, you must:
- Create a user in Yardi Voyager® which will have access to Yardi Voyager® interfaces. Note: The user does not need front-end login access.
- Configure Procore's Interface Vendor based on the integration configurations of your choosing for both the Vendor Invoicing and Job Cost Entities.
- Grant access to Procore's Interface Vendor to any Yardi Voyager® properties which you intend to use in Procore for both the Vendor Invoicing and Job Cost Entities.
Once complete, you must provide the following to your Integration Implementation Services contact:
- The Username & Password of the user you create
- Your Voyager URL (for example: https://www.yardipcv.com/8223tp7s7dev)
- Your Database (e.g., afqoml_itf70dev7)
- Your WebServer (e.g., PCV063W161)
- A PropertyId of any property to which Procore's Interface Vendor has access
To complete these steps, we recommend you use the official documentation for Yardi Voyager®, as these steps could change at any time. To find that documentation, log into Yardi Voyager® and search for the following documents:
- Vendor Invoicing Interface Setup Guide
- Job Cost Interface Setup Guide
These documents contain detailed explanations of the interface user setup, vendor configuration and property configuration steps required. Some tips for completing the steps are included below, but the most detailed documentation will be found in the official documentation for Yardi Voyager®.
Tips & Things To Know
Configuring the Interface Vendor
Completing these steps provide a number of useful configuration options. Required and optional configurations are described below.
Procore has two required Interface Vendors. Which Vendor you will have in your Yardi Voyager® database depends on how up-to-date your Yardi Voyager® plugins are:
- Vendor Invoicing Interface Vendor:
- Honest Buildings (for those using Vendor Invoicing Interface Plugin Version 16 or earlier)
- Job Cost Interface Vendor:
- Procore JC
- Honest Buildings JC (for those using Job Cost Interface Plugin Version 3 or earlier)
When configuring your Interface Vendors, you must enter:
- For the Vendor Invoicing Interface Vendor:
- Select Ignore Vendor Property Security on Import
- Enter a value for the Payable Display Type Defaults - Job Cost Payables field
- Enter a value for the Payable Expense Type Defaults - Job Cost Expense field
- Select Ignore Restriction on JE Export for Vendor Created
- For the Job Cost Interface Vendor:
- Enter a value for the Contract Default Expense Type field
- Select Allow Budgets to be Imported
- Select Allow Budget Revisions to be Imported
- Select Ignore Restriction on JE Export for Vendor Created
When configuring your Job Cost Interface Vendor, the following options are recommended:
- Selecting Allow Contract to be Imported as Approved will automatically approve any subcontracts synced from Procore to Yardi Voyager®.
- Selecting Allow Contract Change Orders to be Imported as Approved will automatically approve any subcontract change orders synced from Procore to Yardi Voyager®.
Setting up the Interface User
Procore's Interface User will never log in through the front-end. Thus, it is important that this user be attached to a User Group which has the following Read/Write Permissions:
- Interfaces: Web Service - Vendor Invoicing (Core and Other)
- Interfaces: Web Service - Job Cost
Setting up the Property Configuration
For this step, you can either update individual Properties or Property Lists containing the Properties to which access must be granted.
Planning Your Integration Implementation
After purchasing the Procore + Yardi Voyager® integration, this phase includes:
- Receive the Welcome Email & Schedule Kick-Off Call
Procore assigns your account to a Integration Implementation Specialist, who sends a Welcome Email to your company's designated ERP Implementation Contact. The email contains a selection of dates/time for scheduling your Kick-Off call. Please reply back to either confirm or suggest a time that works for the required members on your team.
- Prepare for the Kick-Off Call
Prior to this meeting, please complete these tasks to ensure that your Integration Implementation Specialist can test our access to Yardi Voyager® before the call and escalate any issues:
- Complete the steps within the Granting Procore's Access to Your Yardi Voyager® Environment section of this guide
After scheduling your company's Kick-Off call, this phase includes:
- Procore + Yardi Voyager® Kick-Off Call
Approximately 60 Minutes
Procore conducts a Kick-Off Call with your company's ERP Implementation Contact and designated stakeholders (i.e., typically this your company's Procore Administrator, Yardi Voyager® Administrator, and IT Administrator). The goals of this call are to:
- Discuss your Procore + Yardi Voyager® implementation plan.
- Provide your attendees with an overview of the Procore + Yardi Voyager® integration.
- Coordinate any follow-up tasks related to your implementation plan.
- Schedule your Go-Live Call.
- Procore + Yardi Voyager® Go-Live Call
Approximately 60-90 Minutes
Procore conducts a Go-Live call with your company's ERP Implementation Contact and designated stakeholders. The goal of this call is to ensure the completion of these tasks:
- Review the ERP Integrations tool's configuration settings.
- Provide an overview of each tab in the ERP Integrations tool.
- Getting Started with Procore + Yardi Voyager®
After the implementation is complete, you can begin using the integration. You can also contact to your Procore Integration Implementation Specialist for the next 30 days.
Change Management & the Accounting Approver Role
When your integration is activated, you're organization will gain access to a new tool in Procore: the ERP Integrations Tool. In this tool, you will manage the flow of information between Procore and Yardi Voyager®.
Using this tool to manage integrated data will be the most significant difference between Procore with and without the Yardi Voyager® Connector. You will have to provide your Integration Implementation Specialist with a list of the users who will have access to this tool, called accounting approvers, and the specific integration features that each user should manage (e.g., one accounting approver may be allowed to send commitments and invoices to ERP, and another may be allowed to only send commitments).
- For more information on the accounting approver role, see What is the accounting approver role?
- To see the integration features for which you can allow/decline access for accounting approvers, see the up-to-date Feature Map in the Yardi Voyager® About Page.
In addition to the accounting approvers, you may also choose to give users at your organization access to the ERP Integrations tool in a view-only capacity.
Finally, you may want to consider who among your project team users should have the ability to request an import of cost codes and direct costs from Yardi Voyager® and/or should have the ability to send project data (like budgets or commitments) to the ERP Integrations tool for review by an accounting approver.
- For more information on the request to import cost codes and direct costs, see Refresh the Yardi Voyager® Cost Codes on a Project
- For more information on sending project data to the ERP Integrations tool, see the Yardi Voyager® Tutorial List.
Setting Up Your ERP-enabled Standard Cost Codes
Cost Codes on projects integrated with Yardi Voyager® must originate from the Yardi Voyager® Job. In other words, the Cost Category Codes available on the Yardi Voyager® Job will be the only Cost Codes available on the Procore Project.
To ensure that Procore has a list of Cost Codes which matches your list of Yardi Voyager® Cost Categories, your Integration Implementation Specialist will help you set up a new list of Procore Standard Cost Codes that matches your Yardi Voyager® Cost Categories according to a certain set of criteria.
Your Procore Standard Cost Codes must match your Yardi Voyager® Cost Categories in the following ways:
- The digits of the codes must match exactly. If Yardi Voyager® has a Cost Category of 100-010, then Procore must have a Cost Code containing the digits 100010.
- The Procore Cost Code must have exactly two tiers. If Yardi Voyager® has a Cost Category of 10-00-10, then Procore must have a Cost Code containing the digits 100010 split into two tiers. Examples include: 100-010; 10-0010; and 1000-10.
Note that Procore requires exactly two tiers regardless of the number of tiers in Yardi Voyager®, because the integration is unable to see the breakdown in Yardi Voyager®. You will not have to change the number of tiers in Yardi Voyager® if you use more than two.
Preparing to create your list of Procore Standard Cost Codes
To make the process of creating your Procore Standard Cost Code list as easy as possible, we recommend you provide the following information to your Integration Implementation Specialist:
- Provide an export of the Chart of Categories in Yardi Voyager®
- Confirm the number of digits in the first and second tiers of the Cost Codes (e.g., XX-XXXX or XXX-XXX)
- Provide the names you prefer for the Divisions (i.e., the first tier of each Cost Code). For example, if you will have a series of Cost Codes in the format 100-XXX, then you should provide the name for the Cost Code 100.
Setting Up ERP-enabled Standard Cost Types
Like Cost Codes, Cost Types in Procore are required and must be imported from Yardi Voyager® on your projects. Cost Types in Procore will link to Cost Codes in Yardi Voyager®.
If you are not using Cost Codes in Yardi Voyager®, Procore can create a generic Cost Type which will apply whenever no Cost Code is assigned in Yardi Voyager®. However, you will not be able to use Cost Types within Procore in this case; you will only have the generic Cost Type available to you. Also, even if you are using Cost Codes in Yardi Voyager®, Procore will create the generic Cost Type, because Cost Codes are never required in Yardi Voyager® even on jobs where they are used.The generic Cost Type will always be abbreviated in Procore as "ERP", but you can use whatever name you like.
Only Procore employees are able to create ERP-enabled Standard Cost Types, so you will have to provide the information to your Integration Implementation Specialist. You can find more information about how to specify your Cost Types to your ERP implementation contact in Request to Add Standard Cost Types integrated with Yardi Voyager®.
Preparing Your Vendor List
After your Procore integration with Yardi Voyager® is enabled, your team will need to complete the link between your Procore Companies and Yardi Voyager® Vendors. Immediately after your go-live, you will want to complete these steps for at least the Yardi Voyager® Vendors associated with your first integrated Procore Projects. However, we recommend you make time to complete these tasks for your full list of vendors, even if you give yourself some weeks to do so.
There are three associated tasks; see the related Tutorials for more information:
- For Vendors which exist in Yardi Voyager® but not yet in Procore, you can Add a Yardi Voyager® Vendor to Procore's Company Directory.
- For Vendors which exist in Yardi Voyager® but will never be used in Procore, you can Archive a Yardi Voyager® CRE Vendor in Procore.
- For Vendors which exist in both Yardi Voyager® and Procore, you must Consolidate and Link Yardi Voyager® Vendors to Procore Companies. This Tutorial will also explain how to merge Procore Companies when you have multiple Procore Companies that must tie to the same Yardi Voyager® Vendor.