It is important to be prepared for the time an OSHA Inspector visits your site. Below are the steps to be followed when those visits occur:
- Restrict admittance until management personnel are on site. Bring the Compliance Officer (CSHO) into the trailer and have Brinkmann’s Safety Manual ready to present.
- Always have a Brinkmann representative present with CSHO.
- Determine the reason for the inspection. (Complaint, Programmed, Drive By) If it is a complaint, obtain a copy of the complaint.
- Call the Safety Department immediately to ensure all procedures and documentation are properly followed.
Tim Myatt - (314) 575-8443
Ethan Harris – (314) 349-7011
Jesus Apadoca – (303) 408-3665
- Limit the scope of an inspection if possible.
- Take notes ad keep a detailed activity log.
- Take the same photographs and videos as the OSHA inspector.
- Document and correct any observations made by CSHO.
- Treat the CSHO with respect and professionalism.