To create custom responses for use when creating workflow templates in the company level Workflows tool and responding on the project level.
The default response types within the Workflows tool are: Approve, Return, and Reject. When creating workflows templates, you may need to further define the wording and action of a response in a way that best suits your company's processes.
For example, you might need to create a response that moves a workflow forward that cannot be labeled as 'Approve'. In this case, you would create an 'Approve' response and give it a custom label other than 'Approve'.
There is no functional difference between the response types 'Approve', 'Return', and 'Reject'. Types are helpful for custom response organization and for locating available responses when editing a workflow step.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Workflows tool.
- You may have up to thirty (30) active custom responses.
- Navigate to the Company level Workflows tool.
- Click Configure Settings .
- In the section labeled 'Response', click Add Response.
- Choose one of the following types:
- A new row will appear in the response table for the chosen type.
- Enter a label for the new response.
Note: Response labels are required and must be unique. There is a limit of 250 characters for a response label.
- Optional: The box in the 'Active' column is automatically checked to activate the new response. Only active responses can be added to workflow templates. Uncheck this box if you are not ready to use the custom response.
- Optional: 'Require Reason' is unselected by default. Select the box in the 'Require Reason' column to require workflow responders to submit a reason for their response on in-progress workflows.
- Click the checkmark to save the new response or the 'X' to delete the response.