Procore Item or Setting
Considerations, Limitations, and Requirements
configuration settings & sync schedule
- Configuration Settings
- ERP Direct Export:
- You can enable Direct Exports without further configuration, or use the Workflows tool instead of the accounting approver step to manage the approval flow of an item that is sent to ERP. The following three (3) configuration options are available with this feature:
- Direct Export disabled (default). You can keep using your integration the same way with no changes.
- Direct Export enabled, workflows NOT applied. When enabled without applying a workflow to the approval process for a Commitment, CCO, and/or Invoice, this feature simply allows these objects to be exported directly to your ERP system when clicking the 'Send to ERP' button on the item in its Project level tool. No approval in the Company level ERP integrations tool is required.
- Direct Export enabled, workflows applied. You can enable the Direct Export feature, and choose to use a workflow for the ERP approval process prior to the 'Send to ERP' step, instead of approving an item for export through the Company level ERP Integrations tool.
- Direct export can be enabled for one or more of the following items:
- Commitment Change Orders (CCOs)
- Automatically add new cost code/cost type combinations and sub job cost code/cost type combinations to budgets on Sage 300 CRE® integrated projects
Mark this checkbox if you want Procore to automatically add the cost code/category combo as a new budget line item regardless of whether or not the budget is locked or unlocked. If the budget is unlocked, Procore will automatically import the Estimate amount found in Sage 300 CRE® to the Original Budget column. If the budget is locked, Procore will still add the line item for the new cost code/category combination, but will set the Original Budget column to $0 (Note: Original budgeted amounts will not be imported if the budget is locked).
- An on-demand sync can be performed using a button on the following tabs in the ERP Integrations tool:
- Standard Cost Codes & Cost Types
- Sub Jobs
- Prime Contracts
- Job Costs
- An on-demand sync is NOT available on the Budgets, Commitments, Commitment Change Orders, or Prime Contract Change Orders tabs. Instead, this data must be sent to the ERP Integrations tool to be accepted or rejected for export to Sage 300 CRE® by an accounting approver.
Exception: While an on-demand sync is not available from the Budgets tab, Budget data can also be imported from Sage 300 CRE® into Procore. Budgets can be refreshed by doing a Cost Code refresh in the Project Admin Work breakdown structure.
COMPANY LEVEL work breakdown structure (wbs)
- Custom WBS Segments are NOT supported.
- New cost codes must be created in your ERP system, and cannot be created in Procore.
- If you will be integrating one (1) or more projects with Sage 300 CRE®, you should always enable the 'Available for use on new projects' option.
- If you want to review the codes on the list, click Edit to open the Sage 300 CRE® Standard Cost Codes page.
- If a cost code has been deactivated, you cannot add it to a project unless you reactivate it first.
- Projects using the Standard Cost code list cannot be integrated with Sage 300 CRE®.
- The Standard Cost code list can either be the default list that is included with Procore or a custom cost code list that was imported for your company.
PROJECT LEVEL work breakdown structure (wbs)
- Project level cost codes must be added to the project from the Company level ERP Standard Cost Code List.
- You can add new WBS codes and cost type assignments in Sage 300 CRE® and then refresh the WBS codes on your project to use the newly added codes.
- It's strongly recommended that before adding a new company to Procore from Sage 300 CRE®, you first try to link any Sage 300 CRE® vendors that already exist in your Procore account's Company level Directory.
- If you have a vendor record in Sage 300 CRE® that you will not be using in Procore, you should archive it in Procore.
- After a vendor record from Sage 300 CRE® is linked to a company record in Procore, any 'Address' changes are not synced between the two systems unless the 'Vendors will be automatically updated' setting in the Company level ERP Integrations tool is enabled.
- If this setting is enabled, changes to the company's address or phone number in Sage 300 CRE® will sync with the linked Procore company record to maintain an exact match between the two systems.
- This setting is available because the 'Address' in Sage 300 CRE® pertains to the vendor's billing address, which may be different from the mailing address that your project management team needs to use for job related correspondence.
- Company Insurance information is only imported into Procore from Sage 300 CRE® on synced companies. Insurance information is retrieved from the AP Vendor Insurance (Global Level) in Sage 300 CRE®. This is an optional setting that can be enabled by ERP Support.
- Projects that are in-progress or created before connection of the integration cannot be synced. Professional Services for assistance with integrating in-progress/pre-existing project records are available for an additional fee.
- When syncing sub jobs, the system will pre-fill the value in the ERP Integrations tool's SubJob ID field for accounting approvers.
- If you want to add a Sage 'Extra' as a Procore 'Sub Job', a backend feature must be enabled on your company's Procore account. To submit a request to enable this feature, contact your Procore point of contact.
- Additional Information:
- You cannot delete a Sub Job if there are cost codes tied to that Sub Job.
- Cost codes and categories that are assigned to a sub job must be maintained in your ERP system (not Procore).
After exporting a Procore budget to Sage 300 CRE® , the following restrictions are in place:
- You no longer be permitted to import Sage 300 CRE® budget or job data into Procore.
- You will not be permitted to unlock the Procore project's Budget tool, unless the following is true:
- The exported entries have been manually posted to your Sage 300 CRE® system using the Job Cost function. See your Sage 300 CRE® Help system for instructions.
- The hh2 Sync Client synchronizes data between the two systems.
Note: To confirm that the data is synced between the systems, verify that the 'Original Budget Amount' appears in Procore's Job Cost Report.
- The Procore + Sage 300 CRE® does NOT sync 'Unit of Measure (UOM)' and 'Unit Qty' values between systems. Currently, the Budget sync is amount-based only. This means you must manually enter the units in both Procore and in Sage 300 CRE®.
BUDGET CHANGES &
ESTIMATED COST AT COMPLETION
- Additional Information:
- Line items with a "?" will not allow a user to create a Budget Change into/from the line item.
- Once a budget change has been created, it cannot be edited or deleted.
- Budget modifications appear as 'Approved Estimate Changes' and update the 'Imported Estimate'.
Before you can send a commitment to the ERP Integrations tool, it must satisfy these prerequisites:
- ID Number. Must be 12 characters or less. This is a Sage 300 CRE® limitation.
- Title. The title must be 30 characters or less.
- Contract Company. Must be linked to a synced Sage 300 CRE® vendor.
- Status. For purchase orders, the status must be set to 'Approved'. For subcontracts, the status must be set to 'Approved' or 'Complete.'
- Schedule of Values (SOV). Must include at least one (1) line item with a Sage 300 CRE® cost code (Note: You can only add a line item to the commitment's SOV if its linked to an existing cost code and category).
- Additional Information:
- If desired, you can configure your default settings to use your Procore Contract Number for an exported commitment's Sage ID field. If enabled, the Sage ID will auto-populate with the Procore Contract Number, however, the value can still be edited (Note: Enabling this setting requires 'Admin' level permission on the ERP Integrations tool.)
COMMITMENT CHANGE ORDERS (CCO)
- When a synced CCO is deleted from Procore, the delete action is captured in the individual item's Change History tab.
- You cannot delete an 'Approved' change order. You must change its status to delete it.
- After a synced CCO is unlinked and deleted, the data is permanently removed from the system and cannot be restored.
- To add a Schedule of Values (SOV) line item to a CCO, it must be tied to an existing cost code and category.
- Sage 300 CRE® has a limitation where a contract line item cannot be modified more than once on any CCO. Therefore, if you have a CCO that contains more than one modification for the same commitment line item, Procore will automatically sum the amount of the items and send it to Sage 300 CRE® as a single (aggregated) value.
- Additional Information:
- Some fields in a Procore subcontractor invoice are NOT exported directly to Sage 300 CRE®. Instead, the system first uses those fields to calculate a value, and then the calculated value is exported to Sage 300 CRE®.
- Billing Date. This date in Procore is transferred to Sage 300 CRE® as the Date on a bill.
- Accounting Method. For purchase orders and subcontracts with an amount-based accounting method, Procore sends the dollar amount for each line item to Sage 300 CRE®. For purchase orders and subcontracts with a Unit/Qty accounting method, Procore sends the quantity invoiced for each line item to Sage 300 CRE®.
- Currently, tax information is not exported from Procore to Sage 300 CRE®. To include tax information, it needs to be added to the invoice in Sage 300 CRE® after the invoice has been exported from Procore.
- Minimum Invoice Requirements:
- Before you can send an invoice from the Commitments tool to the ERP Integrations tool, the invoice must be in the Approved, Approved as Noted, or Pending Owner Approval status.
- Prime contracts can only be imported to Procore from Sage 300 CRE®.
- To import a prime contract from Sage 300 CRE®, you must be running a specific version of Sage 300 CRE®.
- If you choose to update the prime contract in Sage 300 CRE®, you will need to manually sync and re-import your changes to Procore.
- After the prime contract has been imported, budget codes and descriptions can be added to individual line items from the Prime Contracts tool under Schedule of Values.
- Multiple prime contracts set up against a job in Sage 300 CRE® can be imported into a synced Procore prime contract.
- Additional Information:
The 'Re-Import' button is grayed out and unavailable when:
- The prime contract is in unapproved state.
- The prime contract does not belong to a synced job.
- The prime contract has inadvertently been added to two projects in your company's Procore account.
- The prime contact has already been synced and there are no new un-synced line items.
PRIME CONTRACT CHANGE ORDERS (PCCO)
- Users who are granted only 'Standard' level permission to the ERP Integrations tool can view information, but do not have sufficient permission to accept/reject PCCOs for export.
- Prerequisites to sync:
- The PCCO must be sent to the ERP Integrations tool.
- If any changes have been made to the Prime Contract in Sage 300 CRE®, ensure that those changes are synced to Procore.
- Create or update the PCCO in Procore.
- Before you can send a PCCO to the ERP Integrations tool, it must also satisfy these prerequisites:
- Title. Must be 255 characters or less.
- Number (#). Must be two (20) characters or less.
- Status. Must be in the Approved status.
Note: Users with 'Admin' level permission on the can change the status of a PCCO manually within the PCCO, or accounting approvers can change it by approving it for export through the ERP Integrations tool.
JOB COSTS (summary)
- Syncs summary level job cost information into a custom 'ERP Direct Costs' column in the appropriate budget view.
- Consider utilizing the Budget tool's 'View Direct Cost Details' granular permission in your permission templates to control who can and cannot click a value in the 'Direct Costs' column of a budget view to open a popup window that shows job cost transaction detail in the Budget tool. See Grant Granular Permissions in a Permission Template.
DIRECT COSTS (transaction detail)
- Syncs job cost transaction detail into the Direct Costs tool in Procore. This information is then visible in summary format in a few custom columns you will set up in the appropriate budget view.
- Requirements for job cost transaction detail:
- Enable job cost transaction syncing on your project in the project level Admin tool.
- Set up the desired budget view(s) for your ERP-integrated project.
- Determine which budget view(s) you want to add the recommended job cost transaction columns. You may want to adjust your standard budget view, or a custom budget view, depending on your company's configurations.
- If you have previously configured the sync of job cost summary data, you will need to remove both the existing 'ERP Direct Costs' calculated column and the 'ERP Job to Date Costs' source column on the budget views that you want to modify to include job cost transaction detail.
Custom Settings Available on Request
- Vendor Insurance Sync
- Billed Rate Transaction Sync
- Tax Group Sync