Released: March 8, 2018
Published: March 12, 2018
New Granular Permissions for Direct Costs Tool
Updated the Directory tool to add three (3) new granular permissions the Direct Costs tool. The new permissions include 'Create Direct Cost', 'Update Direct Cost', and 'Delete Direct Cost'. Existing permission templates that grant users 'Standard' level permissions for the Direct Costs tool are now updated so that users with those templates do NOT see any change in functionality. However, please note that users without project permission templates no longer have the ability to create or edit direct cost items, unless their permissions are moved to a permission template that is enabled to use these new permissions. Also note that when you create new permission templates, these new permissions are disabled by default.
When granting granular permissions in a permission template (see Grant Granular Permission in a Permission Template), you now have these options:
- Select 'Read-only' or 'Standard' permissions in the Direct Costs row.
- Mark one (1) or more of the following checkboxes in the Granular Permissions area:
- Create Direct Cost. Grants users the privilege to add a direct cost to the project's Direct Costs tool.
- Update Direct Cost. Grants users the privilege to edit a direct cost in the project's Direct Costs tool.
- Delete Direct Cost. Grants users the privilege to delete a direct cost in the project's Direct Costs tool.