To create a service account in your Sage 300 CRE system that will be used by the hh2 synchronization client.
A service account is a special user account that is created in the Sage 300 CRE system. This account is required by the hh2 Cloud Service (www.hh2.com) to give the hh2 synchronization client the ability to sync the data in your Sage 300 CRE database with the hh2 Cloud Service. This account also permits the hh2 Cloud Service to sync the hh2 data with Procore.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- Permission to create new user accounts in your company's Sage 300 CRE database.
- Additional Information:
- The service account must be granted Application Admin and Security Admin access permission to your Windows-based Sage 300 CRE server.
- The Sage 300 CRE server should be running on a Windows server or standalone computer, and NOT a workstation.
- For best results, perform these steps either at the server or from a location with remote access to your server.
- Log in to your Sage 300 CRE server.
- Create a new user account to act as the "service account" (e.g., create an account named 'hh2Admin'). For instructions, refer to the User Guide for your version of Sage 300 CRE.
Important! Do NOT use a Windows user account.
- Configure the new service account as follows:
- Add the account to the Application Admin and Security Admin groups.
- Mark the ‘Password Never Expires’ option for the account's password.
Note: Next, your Procore point of contact will work with you to install and configure the hh2 synchronization client on the system running your Sage 300 CRE database. See Setup Guide: Sage 300 CRE Connector.