About the QuickBooks® Desktop Connector
To integrate a Procore construction project using Procore's QuickBooks® Desktop Connector. Looking for QuickBooks® Online? Click here!
|Exports data from Procore to QuickBooks® Desktop||Imports data from QuickBooks® Desktop to Procore||
|COST CODES 1||ITEMS|
SUBCONTRACTS & PURCHASE ORDERS
COMMITMENT CHANGE ORDERS (CCOs)
APPENDED TO ORIGINAL PURCHASE ORDER
|SUBCONTRACTOR INVOICES 3
FOR SUBCONTRACTS & PURCHASE ORDERS
|COMMITMENT PAYMENTS ISSUED 3, 4
FOR SYNCED SUBCONTRACTOR INVOICES
CHECKS & CREDIT CARD CHARGES
1 Custom WBS segments are not supported by the integration at this time.
2 Procore does not export 'Customers' data to QuickBooks® Desktop.
3 Subcontractor invoices with negative values do not sync between systems.
4 Subcontractor payments are supported only in US Editions.
- Save time and labor by streamlining the approval process of time-sensitive tasks such as commitments and change orders.
- Reduce human error by eliminating the need for manual, double-entry when transferring data from Procore to QuickBooks® Desktop.
- More efficient communication between Accounting and Project Management teams.
- Easy and instant access to QuickBooks® Desktop Job Cost report by the Project Management team.
- Export Procore Standard Cost Codes to QuickBooks® Desktop.
- Add QuickBooks® Desktop jobs to Procore projects or export Procore Projects to create QuickBooks® Desktop jobs.
- Export company records in Procore's Company Directory to QuickBooks® Desktop or create company records using your QuickBooks® Desktop vendors.
- Import your QuickBooks® Desktop job costing data to use Procore's costing and budgeting tools to track project spending.
- Export data from your project's Commitments tool to process purchase orders in QuickBooks® Desktop.
- Create Commitment Change Orders (CCOs) in Procore and update purchase orders in QuickBooks® Desktop.
- Export data from Procore's Budget tool to process QuickBooks® Desktop estimates.
- Company Administrator permissions to the Procore web application
- QuickBooks® Desktop Web Connector (QWC) Version 22.214.171.124
- QuickBooks® Desktop Web Connector (QWC) Version 126.96.36.199
- QuickBooks® Desktop Web Connector (QWC) Version 188.8.131.52
- A compatible edition of QuickBooks® Desktop (see QuickBooks® Desktop Compatibility section below)
The QuickBooks Connector supports these Desktop editions of QuickBooks:
|Country||Desktop Editions||Online (Plus, Simple Start, Essentials)||Pro||Premier (Contractor Edition)||Enterprise (Contractor Edition)||Accountant|
|United States||QuickBooks® Desktop 2023|
|United States||QuickBooks® Desktop 2022|
|United States||QuickBooks® Desktop 2021|
|United States||QuickBooks® Desktop 2020|
|Canada||QuickBooks® Desktop 2023|
|Canada||QuickBooks® Desktop 2022|
|Canada||QuickBooks® Desktop 2021|
|Canada||QuickBooks® Desktop 2020|
The QuickBooks® Desktop Connector does not support these editions:
- QuickBooks® Desktop Versions 2019 or older
- QuickBooks® Desktop for Mac
- QuickBooks® Online (All editions. For example, Online Plus, Online Essentials, Online Simple Start)
- All non-US editions with the exceptions of those listed in the table above.
QuickBooks® System Requirements
Note: The full version of QuickBooks® must be installed on the system hosting the QuickBooks® Connector.
- 2022 Versions: System requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2022
- 2021 Versions: System requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2021
- 2020 Versions: System requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2020 and Enterprise Solutions 20.0
Before your company starts using the QuickBooks® Desktop integration with Procore, first review the Integration Map above to learn about the available features. It is also important to be aware of the limitations listed below. Keep in mind that your company may have different requirements and processes, so there may be unique limitations in your environment not listed here. If you have questions, please send an email to your Procore point of contact.
- Designed for use only on new construction jobs/projects:
The QuickBooks® Desktop integration can only sync data on new jobs/projects. Any historical projects created before your company's ERP implementation cannot sync data.
- Data from these Procore tools and items do NOT sync with QuickBooks® Desktop:
- Prime Contracts
- Prime Contract Change Orders (PCCOs)
- Owner Invoices and Payments
- The QuickBooks® Desktop integration does NOT support the following items:
- Cost Types
In Procore, a cost type (a.k.a., category) is a set of uniquely identified costs represented by an abbreviation and label. For example, L=Labor, M=Materials, S=Subcontract, and so on. They are used as a classification to identify job costs and can later be used to generate reports. Because QuickBooks® Desktop does NOT have an equivalent cost type concept, all QuickBooks® Desktop-integrated projects use a single cost type of Other. For more details, see QuickBooks® Desktop and Cost Types.
- Sub Jobs
The sub job feature is NOT supported with the Procore + QuickBooks® Desktop integration. Sub jobs are disabled in Procore for QuickBooks® Desktop-integrated projects.
- QuickBooks® Desktop Items Other than 'Service'
Procore cost codes can only be synced with QuickBooks® Desktop items designated with the type 'Service.'
- Project-Specific Cost Codes
Project-specific cost codes are NOT supported with the Procore + QuickBooks® Desktop integration. Your company will have one (1) cost code list for use with all QuickBooks®-integrated projects.
- Multiple QuickBooks® Desktop Files
A separate QuickBooks® Desktop company file for each project is NOT supported. For each Procore company account, the integration is designed to support one (1) QuickBooks® Desktop file per connector.
- Cost Types
This table documents a list of commonly used QuickBooks® Desktop terms and its Procore equivalent.
|QuickBooks® Desktop Term||Procore Term|
|Item||Project Cost Code|