Looking for QuickBooks® Online? Click here.
Feature Set Map
|Exports data from Procore to QuickBooks® Desktop||Imports data from QuickBooks® Desktop to Procore||
|COST CODES 1||ITEMS|
|COMMITMENT CHANGE ORDERS||NEW PURCHASE ORDER LINE ITEM(S)|
|SUBCONTRACTOR INVOICES 3
|COMMITMENT PAYMENTS ISSUED 3,4
1 Custom WBS segments are not supported by the integration at this time.
2 Procore does not export 'Customers' data to QuickBooks® Desktop.
3 Subcontractor invoices with negative values do not sync between systems.
4 Import of subcontractor payment records from QuickBooks® Desktop is only supported in US Editions. Export of payment records from Procore to QuickBooks® Desktop is only available to companies that license Procore Pay.
- Save time and labor by streamlining the approval process of time-sensitive tasks such as commitments and change orders.
- Reduce human error by eliminating the need for manual, double-entry when transferring data from Procore to QuickBooks® Desktop.
- More efficient communication between Accounting and Project Management teams.
- Easy and instant access to QuickBooks® Desktop Job Cost report by the Project Management team.
- Export Procore Standard Cost Codes to QuickBooks® Desktop.
- Add QuickBooks® Desktop jobs to Procore projects or export Procore Projects to create QuickBooks® Desktop jobs.
- Export company records in Procore's Company Directory to QuickBooks® Desktop or create company records using your QuickBooks® Desktop vendors.
- Import your QuickBooks® Desktop job costing data to use Procore's costing and budgeting tools to track project spending.
- Export data from your project's Commitments tool to process purchase orders in QuickBooks® Desktop.
- Create Commitment Change Orders (CCOs) in Procore and update purchase orders in QuickBooks® Desktop.
- Export data from Procore's Budget tool to process QuickBooks® Desktop estimates.
- Company Administrator permissions to the Procore web application
- QuickBooks® Desktop Web Connector (QWC) Version 220.127.116.11
- QuickBooks® Desktop Web Connector (QWC) Version 18.104.22.168
- QuickBooks® Desktop Web Connector (QWC) Version 22.214.171.124
- A compatible edition of QuickBooks® Desktop (see QuickBooks® Desktop Compatibility section below)
The QuickBooks Connector supports these Desktop editions of QuickBooks:
|Country||Desktop Editions||Online (Plus, Simple Start, Essentials)||Pro||Premier (Contractor Edition)||Enterprise (Contractor Edition)||Accountant|
|United States||QuickBooks® Desktop 2024|
|United States||QuickBooks® Desktop 2023|
|United States||QuickBooks® Desktop 2022|
|United States||QuickBooks® Desktop 2021|
|Canada||QuickBooks® Desktop 2024|
|Canada||QuickBooks® Desktop 2023|
|Canada||QuickBooks® Desktop 2022|
|Canada||QuickBooks® Desktop 2021|
The QuickBooks® Desktop Connector does not support these editions:
- QuickBooks® Desktop Versions 2020 or older
- QuickBooks® Desktop for Mac
- QuickBooks® Online (Looking for a Procore-built QuickBooks® Online connector? Click here.)
- All non-US editions with the exceptions of those listed in the table above.
QuickBooks® System Requirements
Note: The full version of QuickBooks® must be installed on the system hosting the QuickBooks® Connector.
- 2024 Versions: System requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2024
- 2023 Versions: System requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2023
- 2022 Versions: System requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2022
- 2021 Versions: System requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2021
- 2020 Versions: System requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2020 and Enterprise Solutions 20.0
Before your company starts using the QuickBooks® Desktop integration with Procore, first review the Integration Map above to learn about the available features. It is also important to be aware of the limitations listed below. Keep in mind that your company may have different requirements and processes, so there may be unique limitations in your environment not listed here. If you have questions, please send an email to your Procore point of contact.
- Designed for use only on new construction jobs/projects:
Projects that are in-progress or created before connection of the integration cannot be synced. Professional Services for assistance with integrating in-progress/pre-existing project records are available for an additional fee.
- Data from these Procore tools and items do NOT sync with QuickBooks® Desktop:
- Prime Contracts
- Prime Contract Change Orders (PCCOs)
- Owner Invoices and Payments
- The QuickBooks® Desktop integration does NOT support the following items:
- Cost Types
In Procore, a cost type (a.k.a., category) is a set of uniquely identified costs represented by an abbreviation and label. For example, L=Labor, M=Materials, S=Subcontract, and so on. They are used as a classification to identify job costs and can later be used to generate reports. Because QuickBooks® Desktop does NOT have an equivalent cost type concept, all QuickBooks® Desktop-integrated projects use a single cost type of Other. For more details, see QuickBooks® Desktop and Cost Types.
- Sub Jobs
The sub job feature is NOT supported with the Procore + QuickBooks® Desktop integration. Sub jobs are disabled in Procore for QuickBooks® Desktop-integrated projects.
- QuickBooks® Desktop Items Other than 'Service'
Procore cost codes can only be synced with QuickBooks® Desktop items designated with the type 'Service.'
- Project-Specific Cost Codes
Project-specific cost codes are NOT supported with the Procore + QuickBooks® Desktop integration. Your company will have one (1) cost code list for use with all QuickBooks®-integrated projects.
- Multiple QuickBooks® Desktop Files
A separate QuickBooks® Desktop company file for each project is NOT supported. For each Procore company account, the integration is designed to support one (1) QuickBooks® Desktop file per connector.
- Cost Types
This table documents a list of commonly used QuickBooks® Desktop terms and its Procore equivalent.
|QuickBooks® Desktop Term||Procore Term|
|Item||Project Cost Code|