To view a spec section in the project's Specifications tool on a Windows device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Read only', 'Standard', or 'Admin' on the project's Specifications tool.
- Navigate to the company and project in which you want to view specifications.
- Click the Specifications tool from the Tool list.
- Click the division under which you would like to view sections.
- Click the spec section you wish to view.
- On the right, you will see the spec section PDF. Swipe through the spec section by swiping up on your Windows device, or view the information explained below.
Click the Zoom in and Zoom out icon on the top right to increase and decrease the size of the PDF including the size of the text and page.
- On a touch-enabled device (e.g. Microsoft Surface), use the pinch gesture to zoom in and out.
Click the Grid View icon (in the same place as "Page View" in the image below) to see all the pages within that spec section.
- Click a sheet to jump to view that page.
- Click Page view to return to the default fullscreen view.
Click the info icon to display information about the spec section you're viewing. Click it again to hide the information. This information includes the following:
- Revision number: This number denotes the most recent to oldest revision issued for a particular spec section. Spec sections are usually ordered numerically and/or alphabetically.
- Issued Date: This is the date the spec section was issued to the GC.
- Received Date: This is the date the GC received the spec section.
- Set: This is the set into which the spec section displayed was uploaded.