To import locations into your Project level Admin tool with the Imports tool for Windows 10.
You can use the Imports tool for Windows 10 to self-import your multi-tiered locations in bulk to your project's Admin tool. This will add as many multi-tiered locations to your project as you need without having to manually add each location and sub location in Procore. For additional information see What are multi-tiered locations?
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- This feature is only available on Windows 10 version 16299 or higher. See Download Procore for Windows 10 or Update the Windows App.
- If you do not have Windows 10, reach out to your Procore point of contact or see Request a Multi-tiered Locations Import.
- Only files in CSV format that have been properly filled out are accepted by Procore's Imports tool. See How do I prepare multi-tiered locations for import with the Imports tool.
- This import can only be used to add locations. Your import will not edit or delete any existing locations in your project.
- Prepare and format your locations for import to Procore. See How do I prepare my Multi-Tiered Locations for Import with the Imports Tool (Windows)
- In your Procore for Windows 10 App, on the "Companies & Projects" page, click on the project you want to import locations into.
- On the "Tools" page, click Imports.
- Under "Locations", click Add New Locations.
- Choose from the following options:
- Save & Open Blank Template: Select this option to open, fill out, and save an excel template for your locations. See How do I prepare multi-tiered locations for import with the Imports tool. (Windows)
- Skip this step: Select this option to upload a completed CSV of your locations to Procore.
Note: Only files in CSV format that have been properly filled out are accepted by Procore's Imports tool. See Save your Excel Template as a CSV File.
- Choose Select CSV File to upload a CSV file of your locations from your local device.
- Review your locations.
Note: If there are any errors in the import, you will be taken to the page below that will highlight any errors in the CSV. From here you can download a CSV copy of the errors to compare against your original import file.
- Confirm your decision to import your locations list by typing your project's name in the text field and clicking Proceed.