To add tasks to the Tasks tool on an iOS mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To add a task and assign it to any project user, 'Admin' permissions the project's Tasks tool.
- To add a task and assign the task to yourself or to a user with 'Admin' level permission, 'Standard' or 'Admin' permissions on the project's Tasks tool.
- Additional Information:
- The system does NOT permit you to delete a task. However, you can change its status to Closed or Void. See Change the Status of a Task.
- Overdue notifications are emailed in a summary format once a day in the following cases:
- To an Assignee when a task is in the 'Initiated' or 'In Progress' status and is past due.
- To a Creator when a task is in the 'Ready for Review' status and is past due.
- Overdue emails are NOT sent when a task is in the 'Closed' or 'Void' status.
- Navigate to the Tasks tool on an iOS mobile device.
- Tap the plus (+) icon.
- Tap into the following fields to enter the relevant information.
Note: An asterisk (*) denotes a required field
- Take Photo: Tap to add a photo
- Add Attachment
- *Title. Enter a descriptive title for the task.
- Status: Select one of the available statuses:
- Initiated: Indicates the task has been created.
- In Progress: Indicates work on the task has started.
- Ready for Review: Indicates the task is complete and ready for review.
- Closed: Indicates the task and review of the work has been successfully completed.
- Void: Indicates the task has been marked as void.
- Due Date: Add a due date to the task.
- Assignee: Select a project level user from the drop-down menu, or select None if there is no assignee. Assignees must have 'Standard' or 'Admin' permissions on the project's Tasks tool.
- Private: Place a checkmark in this box to make the task private.
Note: Private tasks are only visible to the task's creator, the assignee, and users with 'Admin' level permission on the project's Tasks tool.
- Tap Save.