To create an RFI from an iOS mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To create an RFI in 'Draft' or 'Open' status, 'Admin' permissions on the project's RFIs tool.
- To create an RFI in 'Draft' status, 'Standard' on the project's RFIs tool.
- Additional Information:
- Duplicate RFI numbers are NOT permitted. See Can I create an RFI with a duplicate number?
- To learn about automated email notifications, see When does the RFIs tool send email notifications? and How do I control which emails are sent by Procore during the RFI process?
- Navigate to the RFIs tool from your iOS mobile device.
- Tap the plus icon.
- Tap to enter information into the following fields as appropriate:
Note: An asterisk (*) denotes a required field.
- Subject*: Enter the subject for the RFI. This will appear as the title when viewing RFIs.
- Status*: Tap Open or Draft to indicate the status of the RFI.
Note: 'Standard' users can only create 'Draft' RFIs. See What is a 'Draft' RFI?
- Question*: Enter your question and any additional background information that may be needed to properly answer the question.
- If you want to add files to the RFI, choose from the following options:
- Camera: Tap to open your device's camera and take a photo.
- Library: Tap to select an image from your device's photo library.
- Files: Tap to select a saved file from your device's files.
- RFI Manager*: Tap to select the person you want to assign as RFI Manager.
- Assignees*: Tap to select any team members you want to add as assignees for the RFI. See Who can be designated as an 'Assignee' on an RFI?
Note: If you want to require that an assignee adds a response, tap the 'Response Required' toggle to the ON position.
- Due Date*: Tap to select the due date for responding to the RFI. By default, RFIs are due within three (3) calendar.
- Received From: Tap to select who the RFI was received from.
- Responsible Contractor: This field is automatically populated based on the person selected in the Received From field.
- Distribution List: Tap to add relevant users to the RFI's distribution list.
- Spec Section: Tap to select the spec section associated with the RFI.
- Location: Tap to select a Location associated with the RFI.
- RFI Stage: Tap to select a Project Stage associated with the RFI.
- Schedule Impact: Tap to select whether there will be a schedule impact associated with the RFI.
- Cost Impact: Tap to select whether this RFI might impact the project's total cost.
- Cost Code: Select a cost code associated with the RFI.
- Private: If you want to set the RFI to Private, tap the toggle to the ON position.
- Tap Save.