To create an RFI from an iOS mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To create an RFI in the 'Draft' or 'Open' status, a user must have 'Admin' permissions on the project's RFIs tool.
- To create an RFI in the 'Draft' status, a user must have 'Standard' on the project's RFIs tool.
- If the person who creates an RFI has 'Standard' level permission to the RFIs tool, that person must be added to the RFI's Distribution List in order to see the Official Response.
- For more information, see Which data entry fields do I have permission to see when creating an RFI?
- To save an RFI in the 'Open' status, the following fields are required: Number, Subject, Assignees, Due Date, and Question.
- Duplicate RFI numbers are NOT permitted. See Can I create an RFI with a duplicate number?
- Additional Information:
- To learn about 'Draft' RFIs, see What is a 'Draft' RFI? and Who can view a 'Draft' RFI?
- To learn about the 'Number' field, see How does Procore assign numbers to RFIs?
- To learn about automated email notifications, see When does the RFIs tool send email notifications? and How do I control which emails are sent by Procore during the RFI process?
- To learn about the 'Assignee' field on an RFI, see Who can be designated as an 'Assignee' on an RFI? and Add Assignees to an RFI as an Assignee on an RFI.
- Supported Platforms:
- Procore Web
- Procore for iOS
- Procore for Android
- Procore for Windows
- Navigate to the RFI tool from your iOS mobile device.
- Tap Create New ( ).
- Tap into a field to enter in the appropriate information:
Note: Required fields are indicted by an asterisk (*).
- Subject*: Tap the field to enter the subject of the RFI.
- Question*: Tap the field to enter your question and any additional background information that may be needed to properly answer the question.
- Status*: Tap 'Open' or 'Draft' to indicate the status of the RFI.
(Note: If the 'Standard Users Can Only Create Draft RFIs' configuration setting is enabled on the RFIs tool (see Configure Advanced Settings: RFIs), a 'Standard' user is only permitted to create a draft. The draft must be edited by an 'Admin' user, who removes the mark from the Draft checkbox and clicks Update (only available from the web app). This sends an email notification to the Assigned To person and members of the Distribution list to alert them that an RFI has been created.)
- Due Date*: Select the date by which you require a response from the Assigned To person. By default, created RFIs are due within three (3) calendar
- RFI Manager*: Tap the field to assign a manager responsible for the RFI.
- Assignee*: Tap the field to assign a team member the responsibility of submitting a response to the RFI. This individual will be listed as the 'Ball In Court' person for the RFI.
- Response Required: Slide the toggle to the 'ON' position to require the assignee to include a response.
Note: This option is only visible one an assignee has been added to the RFI.
- Distribution: Add other relevant users to the RFI's distribution list. Each person on the distribution list can respond via email to the RFI regardless of his or her user permissions on the RFIs tab. Only users with 'Admin' or 'Standard' permissions on the RFIs tab can respond within Procore.
Note: By default, an RFI can only be viewed by the Assigned To person and members of the Distribution list. Procore notifies these users by email when the RFI is created, updated, and when other members submit a response to the RFI. To submit a response to an RFI, members must be granted 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permission to the RFIs tool.
- Schedule Impact: Specify whether or not you think this RFI might impact the current project schedule. If you know the approximate schedule impact, you can write in the number of days. You may also choose 'Yes (Unknown) ' or 'TBD' and add the schedule impact at a later time.
- Cost Impact: Choose whether this RFI might impact the project's total cost. If you know the approximate cost impact, you can add an estimated cost. You may also choose 'Yes (Unknown)' or 'TBD' and add the cost impact at a later time.
- Responsible Contractor: Tap the field to assign a contractor responsible for the RFI.
- Received From: Tap the field to select who the RFI was received from.
- Add Attachment: to add a photo or file, tap to select one of the following options:
- Choose from Library: This will take you to the photos in your device's library. You can then select an image to add to the log.
- Take photo: This will open your camera application so you can take a photo and directly add it to the log.
- Browse: This will take you to saved and downloadable items available on your mobile device.
- Tap Save.