To create a punch list item from an iOS mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Punch List tool.
- 'Admin' level users have complete control of the punch list items and can edit and update any assignee response.
- 'Standard' level users can view all responses, but can only update their response if they are an assignee on the punch list item.
Note: ''Standard' level users can only list 'Admin' level users as the 'Assignee' on a punch list item.
- 'Read-only' level users cannot be assigned a punch list item.
- Punch items can be assigned to multiple persons.
- You will only be able to assign a punch item to a user that exists in the project's directory. If an assignee is missing from the list, he/she must first be added to the project directory before the user can become a selectable option in the dropdown picker.
- Once an initial notification has been sent, selected Assignees will receive daily notifications of overdue items via email; email notifications will end after 45 days.
- Punch item types cannot be created when creating a punch item. Types must be created by an 'Admin' user in the tool's configuration settings before a type can be selected when creating a new punch item. See Configure Advanced Settings: Punch List.
This action can be performed in offline mode (i.e. when an active network connection is not available on your mobile device). Tasks performed in offline mode will be synced with Procore once a network connection has been reestablished.
You can perform this action from the Quick Action menu on the app's Dashboard, or landing page. Tap the + icon, and tap Create Punch Item.
- Tap Punch List from the tools menu in the left navigation.
- Tap the + icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select from the list of punch item templates, or tap Create Punch Without a Template to create a brand new punch list item.
- Fill out the following information:
- Title: If not using a punch list template, provide a descriptive title for the punch list item. The punch list item's title is displayed as the title in the list view.
- Due Date: Tap the calendar icon to select a date that the task should be completed by.
- Status: Tap Open or Closed to select the status of the punch list item. The status denotes whether or not the issue described in the punch list item has been attended to. The status will default to "Open" until you close the punch list item.
- Location: Use the location drop-down menu to select a location that the item impacts. Either select from the predefined locations, or Add a Multi-tiered Location to an Item. This location may be as general as the site location at the first tier or as specific as where on the site the contractor will be working at the second tier. You can add a punch list item to a drawing to indicate the exact location of the punch list item.
- You may also scan a location's QR code to enter a location. Tap the QR button in the top right. Point the camera of your device to the QR code to scan it. Procore will scan it automatically and add the location to the inspection.
- Assignees: If the template doesn't have a a default assignee, or if you aren't using a template, select the subcontractor or related contact from your directory to which you would like to assign the punch list item. Assignees will need to have 'Admin' or 'Standard' level permissions to see the punch list item and receive the email notification.
Note: Users with 'Standard' permission on the Punch List tool will only be able to assign 'Admin' users as the assignee on a punch list item.
- Type: Punch item types help categorize items into related areas or divisions. Select the appropriate type for the punch item.
(Note: Users with 'Admin' permission on the Punch list can create punch item types from their computers. See Configure Advanced Settings: Punch List).
- Trade: f the template doesn't have a a default assignee, or if you aren't using a template, select the applicable trade from the drop-down menu. Trades are configured from your computer at the Company level. See Add or Delete Trades.
- Description: Enter a more detailed description of the punch list item, such as the specific issue and how it can be fixed.
- Photo: Add a photo of the issue by tapping the Add Photo button and selecting Choose from library or Take photo.
- Tap Save to save your changes.