To create a punch list item from an iOS mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Punch List tool.
- 'Admin' level users have complete control of punch list items and can edit and update any assignee response.
- 'Standard' level users can view all responses, but can only update their response if they are listed as an assignee on the punch list item.
Note: 'Standard' level users can only list 'Admin' level users as the Assignee on a punch list item.
- 'Read-only' level users cannot be assigned a punch list item.
- Punch list items can be assigned to multiple persons.
- You will only be able to assign a punch list item to a user that exists in the project's directory. If an assignee is missing from the list, he/she must first be added to the project directory before the user can become a selectable option in the dropdown picker.
- Once an initial notification has been sent, selected Assignees will receive daily notifications of overdue items via email; email notifications will end after 45 days.
- Punch list item types cannot be created when creating a punch list item. Types must be created by an 'Admin' user in the tool's configuration settings before a type can be selected when creating a new punch list item. See "Configure Advanced Settings: Punch List" in the See Also section below.
This action can be performed in offline mode (i.e. when an active network connection is not available on your mobile device). Tasks performed in offline mode will be synced with Procore once a network connection has been reestablished.
You can perform this action from the Quick Action menu on the app's Dashboard, or landing page. Tap the + icon, and tap Create Punch Item.
- Navigate to the Punch List tool on your iOS mobile device.
- Tap the plus icon (+).
- Tap a template from the list of punch list item templates. See Create a Project Level Punch Item Template.
Note: You can also tap Create Punch Without a Template to create a new item.
- Tap into a field to enter the following information:
- Take Photo: Take and add a new photo to the punch list
- Attachments: Choose one of the following options:
- Choose from Library: Choose an existing photo from your device's library.
- Files: Choose an existing files from your device.
- Title: If not using a punch list template, provide a descriptive title for the item.
- Due Date: Tap the calendar icon to select the desired due date
- Status: Tap Open or Closed to select the status of the punch list item. Depending on the item's progress, Procore will automatically apply other statuses to the item.
- Location: Use the location drop-down menu to select a location associated with the item. Either select from the predefined locations, or Add a Multi-tiered Location to an Item. This location may be as general as the site location at the first tier or as specific as where on the site the contractor will be working at the second tier. You can add a punch list item to a drawing to indicate the exact location of the Punch List item.
- You may also scan a location's QR code to enter a location. Tap the QR button in the top right. Point the camera of your device to the QR code to scan it. Procore will scan it automatically and add the location to the inspection.
- Punch Manager: Select a Punch Manager who will oversee the item throughout its entire lifecycle.
Note: If no Punch Manager is selected, Procore will automatically list the item's Creator as the Punch Manager.
- Assignees: If the template doesn't have a a default assignee, or if you aren't using a template, select the subcontractor or related contact from your directory to whom you want to assign the item. Assignees will need to have 'Admin' or 'Standard' level permissions to see the punch list item and receive the email notification.
Note: Users with 'Standard' permission on the Punch List tool will only be able to assign 'Admin' to the item.
- Final Approver: Select a Final Approver who will have the authority to close the item.
- Type: Types help categorize items into related areas or divisions. Select the appropriate type for the item.
Note: Users with 'Admin' permission on the Punch List tool can create punch list item types from their computers. See "Configure Advanced Settings: Punch List" in the See Also section below.
- Trade: If the template doesn't have a a default assignee, or if you aren't using a template, select the applicable trade from the drop-down menu. Trades are configured from your computer at the Company level. See Add or Delete Trades.
- Description: Include a detailed description of the item, such as the specific issue and possible resolutions.
- Tap Save to create the item.