To change the status of an observation so that its creator knows that the work has been completed and is ready for review.
Once you have been assigned an observation, you will get an email containing all relevant details you will need to complete the work associated with resolving the issue. Once you have completed the work, you will log into Procore to change the status to "Ready for Review," telling the creator that he or she can now review the completed work.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the Project level Observations tool.
- The ball will shift to the observation's assignee's court when the status of the observation is "initiated" or "not accepted."
- If you do not have enough information to complete the work outlined in the observation, you can comment on an observation to request further information. See Add a Comment to an Observation.
This asset/item can be viewed or edited in offline mode provided that the asset/item was previously viewed and cached on your mobile device.
- Tap the project you would like to work in on your mobile device.
- Tap the Observations tool.
- Tap the observation that is assigned to you.
(Note: The name of the assignee is displayed under the observation's title.)
- Tap Change Status to notify the observation's creator that the work is ready for review. Additionally, you can Add a Comment without changing the status to provide or request additional details.
- Change the status to Ready for Review if the work is ready for the creator to review.
- Add optional comments to the comment field explaining how you resolved the item.
- Add optional files or photos by clicking the Add Attachments link to select files or photos from your device, or take a photo.
- Click Update to post your status change and send an email to the creator notifying him or her of your response.
- After the creator reviews your work, he or she will change the status to "Closed" if he or she has approved the work, and "Not Accepted" if the work is still considered unresolved. In the event that the creator sets the status to "Not Accepted," you will be notified via email, and you will need to repeat the steps above as necessary.