Also available on
To add markups to drawings in the project's Drawings tool on an iOS mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' and above permissions on the Drawings tool.
This asset/item can be viewed or edited in offline mode provided that the asset/item was previously viewed and cached on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the project's Drawings tool on an iOS mobile device.
- Tap the drawing you want to mark up.
- Tap the markup tool you want to use in the markup toolbar in the right of your screen.
- Select: Pan around the drawing by clicking and dragging on an image. You can also select existing markups to edit, publish, resize, or delete.
- Pen / Marker: Draw freehand shapes using either a pen or marker. Hold the 'Shift' button on your keyboard to draw a straight line.
- Shape: Draw a cloud, box, or circle. Any shape can also be linked to an item in Procore. See Link Related Items on a Drawing.
- Line / Arrow: Draw a line or an arrow. Any line/arrow can also be linked to an item in Procore. See Link Related Items on a Drawing.
- Text: Add a resizeable text box. Drag the text size scroll bar above the text to make the text bigger or smaller. Tap and drag the corners of the text box to make the box bigger. Tap inside the box to pull up your keyboard to start typing.
- Measurements: Measure distance, area, or a curved or poly shape by first adding a calibration to your drawing, and then selecting the appropriate measurement tool. See Add Measurements to a Drawing.
- Drawing: Draw a square or circle and add a link to another drawing sheet.
- Tip! To draw a circle over the desired area, start at the upper-left corner where the edges of the left and top sides of the circle would meet. Hold the Shift key (to create a symmetrical circle), left-click and drag to the bottom right of the circle, and release the left-click.
- Punch: See Add Punch List Items to a Drawing.
- Photos: See Add Photos to a Drawing.
- Color: This additional tool will appear when you select a drawing markup tool of which you can modify the color. Select which color to use from this menu.
- Fill: This additional tool will appear when you select a drawing markup tool of which you can modify the fill. Select the desired fill transparency of the markup.
- Line Width: This additional tool will appear when you select a drawing markup of which you can modify the lien width. Specify the width of a single line or border of a shape.
- To publish, select the hand icon, tap the markup, and tap Publish. See What is the difference between personal and published drawing markups?
- Changes are automatically saved, so you can leave the drawing when you're done.