Also available on
To add markups to drawings in the project's Drawings tool on an iOS mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' and above permissions on the Drawings tool.
This asset/item can be viewed or edited in offline mode provided that the asset/item was previously viewed and cached on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the project's Drawings tool on an iOS mobile device.
- Tap the drawing you want to mark up.
- Tap the markup tool you want to use in the markup toolbar in the right of your screen.
- Hand tool: The hand tool allows you to pan around the drawing by tapping and and dragging your finger on a drawing. With this tool you can also select existing markups to edit, publish, resize, or delete.
- Pencil/Highlighter: Draw freehand shapes using either a pencil or highlighter with your finger on the touchscreen.
- Square / Circle: Draw a square, or circle. Use the Change Item Color and Fill Color options to control the style of the shapes.
- Add Punch List Item: Add a punch list item to the drawing by tapping this tool, tapping where you would like to add a punch list item to and adding the item.
- Cloud / Arrow: Draw a cloud or arrow by tapping this tool and drawing where you would like the shape or arrow on your drawing.
- Add Text: Add a resizeable text box. Use the Drawing Color toolbar to control the color of the text.
- Change Item Color: Tap an item on the drawing, and then tap this tool to select the color of that item.
- Undo / Redo: Tap the left arrow to undo an action. Tap the right arrow to redo an action.
- Hide Markup Toolbar: Tap this icon if you would like to hide the markup toolbar completely.
- To publish, select the hand icon, tap the markup, and tap Publish. See What is the difference between personal and published drawing markups?
- Changes are automatically saved, so you can leave the drawing when you're done.