Also available on
To add measurements to a drawing in the Drawings tool on your iOS device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Read only' and above on the project's Drawings tool.
- Calibrations are per user, per drawing, but shared across devices.
- For now, measurements can only appear on your personal layer. They cannot be added to the public layer.
This asset/item can be viewed or edited in offline mode provided that the asset/item was previously viewed and cached on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the project's Drawings tool on your iOS device with a network or internet connection.
- Search and filter for the drawing to which you would like to add measurements.
- Tap the drawing.
Calibrate Your Drawing
The first time you add measurements to a drawing, you will first have to calibrate the drawing.
- Tap the Calibrate tool.
- Find a place on the drawing where you know the measurement (i.e. the length of a wall). Tap and drag the calibration to the end of the length.
- Enter the length in feet and inches (imperial) or meters (metric).
- Tap Save.
Note: If you ever delete this calibration, all of your measurement markups will still be in place. However, they will be re-calculated when you add in a new calibration.
Measure Linear Distance
- Tap the Ruler tool.
- Tap and drag the ruler to the end of the length you want to measure.
- View the distance on the line.
- Tap the Area tool.
- Tap and drag the rectangle shape to the end of the area you want to measure.
- View the area on the line.