To create a change event from your iOS mobile device.
Creating a change event allows you to prepare for the cost of a change before it becomes an actual cost. For example, if a project manager is anticipating the need to change the paint colors of a project, he or she can start preparing for that cost by creating a change event, which describes the estimated financial cost of the change as well as which cost codes will be affected. After creating a change event, they can then create an RFQ (Request for Quote), which is sent to the appropriate subcontractors for pricing. When RFQs are created and responded to by the assigned subcontractors, change orders can then be created based upon the submitted quote.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Change Events tool.
- You can either create a change event from the Change Events tool or from an individual RFI.
- Available on Procore's iOS and Android mobile application.
This action can be performed in offline mode (i.e. when an active network connection is not available on your mobile device). Tasks performed in offline mode will be synced with Procore once a network connection has been reestablished.
- Navigate to the Change Events tool from your iOS mobile device.
- Tap Create New ().
- Tap into the following fields to add the appropriate information:
- Title: Provide a descriptive title for the change event. The change event's title is displayed as the subject in the list view.
- Status: Select one of the following options:
- Open: 'Open' is the default status when you first create a change event. This indicates that the change event is active, and users can manage items within the event (RFQs, Budget Modifications, Commitment PCOs, Prime PCOs).
- Closed: Tap 'Closed' once all necessary change orders and RFQs have been created and the event is considered complete.
- Pending: Tap 'Pending' if the change event requires approval before it can be closed out.
- Void: Tap 'Void' if no change came from the event. Setting the change event as 'Void' is an alternative to deleting the change event as a record will be kept on the log page for future reference.
Note: If you mark a change event as 'Void,' that change event will be hidden on the Change Events log page. To view voided events, select 'Void' or 'All (Include Void)' from the Status list under Filters on the Change Events log page.
- Scope: Select one of the following options:
- TBD: Tap 'TBD' if the cost of the change event is unknown.
- In Scope: Tap 'In Scope' if the cost is covered in the original contract
- Out of Scope: Tap 'Out of Scope' if the cost was not covered in the contract, signifying that the change order will likely be submitted to the client as an additional cost.
- Type: Select a cost type associated with the change event.
- Change Reason: Select a reason for the change. To configure change reasons, see "Set Default Change Order Configurations" in the See Also section below.
- Description: Add a description relevant to the change event.
- Add Attachments: Add any relevant attachments from one of the following options:
- Browse: Tap to add a photo or file saved to your mobile device.
- Take Photo: Tap to take and add a photo from your mobile device's camera.
- Choose from Library: Tap to add an existing photo from your mobile device's library.
- Tap Save.
Once a Change Event has been created and saved, you can add a Scope Estimate associated with the Change Event.
- Tap the Change Event to which you want to add a Scope Estimate.
- Tap Scope Estimate.
- Tap + icon.
- Tap Description to enter a description associated with the Scope Estimate.
- Tap Amount to enter a numerical value associated with the Scope Estimate.
- Tap Save to update the Change Event.
- Tap Done.