ObjectiveTo create a punch list item on an Android mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Punch List tool.
- 'Admin' level users have complete control of the punch list items and can edit and update any assignee response.
- 'Standard' level users can view all responses, but can only update their response if they are an assignee on the punch list item.
Note: ''Standard' level users can only list 'Admin' level users as the 'Assignee' on a punch list item.
- 'Read-only' level users cannot be assigned a punch list item.
- Punch items can be assigned to multiple persons.
- You will only be able to assign a punch item to a user that exists in the project's directory. If an assignee is missing from the list, he/she must first be added to the project directory before the user can become a selectable option in the dropdown picker.
- Once an initial notification has been sent, selected Assignees will receive daily notifications of overdue items via email; email notifications will end after 45 days.
- Punch item types cannot be created when creating a punch item. Types must be created by an 'Admin' user in the tool's configuration settings before a type can be selected when creating a new punch item. See Configure Advanced Settings: Punch List.
This action can be performed in offline mode (i.e. when an active network connection is not available on your mobile device). Tasks performed in offline mode will be synced with Procore once a network connection has been reestablished.
- Navigate to the Punch List tool on your Android mobile device.
- Tap Create New ().
- Select from the list of punch item templates, or tap +Create Punch Without a Template to create a new punch list item.
- Tap the following fields to enter the appropriate information:
- Location: Tap to select a specific location.
- Title: If not using a punch list template, provide a descriptive title for the punch list item. The punch list item's title is displayed as the title in the list view.
- Assignees: If the template doesn't have a a default assignee, or if you aren't using a template, select the subcontractor or related contact from your directory that you would like to assign the punch list item to. They will need to have 'Admin' or 'Standard' level permissions to see the punch list item and receive the email notification. Selected Assignees will receive daily notifications of overdue items via email; email notifications will end after 45 days.
- Due Date: By default, the due date is set to 3 days from the day of its creation. To edit this due date, tap the 'Due Date' field to select a new date from the calendar.
- Status: By default the status of the new punch list item is is set to 'Open.' To close the punch list item, tap the field to change its status to 'Closed.'
- Trade: Tap the Trade field to choose from trades added to the project. See Add or Delete Trades.
- Type: Tap the Type field to choose from types added to the project. See Configure Advanced Settings: Punch List to add punch item types.
- Cost Code: Tap to select an appropriate cost code associated with the new punch list item.
- Attachments: Tap to add a file or photo by selecting one the following options:
- Choose File:
- Tap the hamburger (≡) button icon to select the location from which you would like to upload a file or photo.
- Tap the file or photo(s) you want to attach.
- Choose from Procore: Tap to select an existing photo in Procore.
- Tap the Procore album from which you want to add a photo.
- Tap the photo you want to add.
- Tap OK.
- Camera: Tap to take a photo to add to the punch list item.
- Position your device's camera and tap the shutter release button to capture the photo.
- Tap Next.
- Optional: Tap the markup icon () to access the markup tool bar and add shapes, lines, and text to the photo.
- Tap Done.
- Choose File:
- Tap Save and Finish to save your changes and return to the list page, or tap Save & New to save your changes and immediately create another punch list item.