To create a punch list item on an Android mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Punch List tool.
- 'Admin' level users have complete control of punch list items and can edit and update any assignee response.
- 'Standard' level users can view all responses, but can only update their response if they are listed as an assignee on the punch list item.
Note: 'Standard' level users can only list 'Admin' level users as the Assignee on a punch list item.
- 'Read-only' level users cannot be assigned a punch list item.
- Punch list items can be assigned to multiple persons.
- You will only be able to assign a punch list item to a user that exists in the project's directory. If an assignee is missing from the list, he/she must first be added to the project directory before the user can become a selectable option in the dropdown picker.
- Once an initial notification has been sent, selected Assignees will receive daily notifications of overdue items via email; email notifications will end after 45 days.
- Punch list item types cannot be created when creating a punch list item. Types must be created by an 'Admin' user in the tool's configuration settings before a type can be selected when creating a new punch list item. See "Configure Advanced Settings: Punch List" in the See Also section below.
This action can be performed in offline mode (i.e. when an active network connection is not available on your mobile device). Tasks performed in offline mode will be synced with Procore once a network connection has been reestablished.
- Navigate to the Punch List tool on your Android mobile device.
- Tap Create New ().
- Select from the list of templates, or tap +Create Punch Without a Template to create a new punch list item.
- Tap the following fields to enter the appropriate information:
- Camera: Take and add a new photo to the punch list item.
- Attachments: Choose one of the following options:
- File from device: Choose an existing files from your device.
- Photo from device: Choose an existing photo from your device's library.
- Photo from Procore: Choose an existing photo from your project's Photos Tool.
- Title: If not using a template, provide a descriptive title for the new item. The punch list item's title is displayed as the title in the list view.
- Punch Manager: Select a Punch Manager who will oversee the item throughout its entire lifecycle.
Note: If no Punch Manager is selected, Procore will automatically list the item's Creator as the Punch Manager.
- Assignee: If the template doesn't have a a default assignee, or if you aren't using a template, select the subcontractor or related contact from your directory to whom you want to assign the item. Assignees will need to have 'Admin' or 'Standard' level permissions to see the Punch List item and receive the email notification.
Note: Users with 'Standard' permission on the Punch List tool will only be able to assign 'Admin' to the item.
- Location: Tap to select a specific location.
- Final Approver: Select a Final Approver who will have the authority to close the item.
- Due Date: By default, the due date is set to 3 days from the day of its creation. To edit this due date, tap the 'Due Date' field to select a new date from the calendar.
- Status: By default the status of the new item is is set to 'Open.' To close the item, tap the field to change its status to 'Closed.'
- Trade: Tap the Trade field to choose from trades added to the project. See Add or Delete Trades.
- Type: Tap the Type field to choose from types added to the project. To add punch list item types, see "Configure Advanced Settings: Punch List" in the See Also section below.
- Cost Code: Tap to select an appropriate cost code associated with the new item.
- Tap Save and Finish to save your changes and return to the list page, or tap Save & New to save your changes and immediately create another Punch List item.