To create an observation and assign it to a responsible party with your Android mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the Observations tool.
- Observations can also created from the Inspections and Locations tools See Create an Observation from an Inspection (Android) and Create an Observation from Locations (Android).
- When you create an observation, you will get email notifications any time another user comments or changes the status of the observation.
This action can be performed in offline mode (i.e. when an active network connection is not available on your mobile device). Tasks performed in offline mode will be synced with Procore once a network connection has been reestablished.
- Navigate to the Observations tool on an Android mobile device.
- Tap Create New ().
- Select from the list of observation templates, or tap Create Observation without a Template to create a brand new observation.
- Tap into the following fields to add the appropriate information.
- Title: Title the observation to announce the general topic.
- Due Date: By default, the due date will be set with 7 days after the observation was created. This field is editable on the create and edit pages of the observation, and the default due date is editable on the configuration settings.
- Status: Set the status of the observation.
- Initiated: When you create the observation, it will be set to "initiated." This means that the observation has been established in Procore and is awaiting the assignee to respond.
- Ready for Review: Once the assignee has acted upon the observation (whether by fixing the deficiency, by addressing the safety issue, etc.), he or she will respond to the observation by changing the status to "Ready for Review." This notifies the creator via email that the observation is ready for the creator to review.
- Not Accepted: Once the creator has reviewed the work, he or she might mark it as "Not Accepted." This means that the creator has deemed the work as not resolved. The observation is put back into the assignee's court.
- Closed: Once the creator has reviewed the work, he or she might mark it as "Closed." This means that the creator has deemed the work as resolved and approved, and has closed out the item.
- Type: Tap to select a type that best categorizes the observation. The type will help you filter and report based on the type of observation; it will not affect which fields will appear when creating an observation. See What are the default Observation types used for?
Note: Your company's Procore Administrator can customize the selections that appear in this list on a computer. See Add Custom Observation Types.
- Contributing Condition: Select a contributing condition associated with the observation.
- Contributing Behavior: Select a contributing behavior associated with the observation.
- Hazard: Select a hazard associated with the observation.
- Trade: Select the relevant trade for this observation. It signifies which trade is involved in resolving the observation. Trades are set at the company level admin tab under trade configuration on a computer. See Add or Delete Trades.
- Location: Select the location the observation is found in. See How do I add a multi-tiered location to an item?
- You may also scan a location's QR code to enter a location. Tap the QR button in the top right. Point the camera of your device to the QR code to scan it. Procore will scan it automatically and add the location to the inspection. See
- Assignee: Select the user who will complete the work required from the observation.
(Note: This user must have 'Standard' or 'Admin' permissions on the Observations tool to respond or be set as an assignee.)
- Distribution: Select the user(s) you want to notify.
- Description: Add a description of the observation.
- Private: Tap the toggle to ON to mark the observation as 'Private.'
- Attachments: Tap to select one of the following:
- Choose File:
- Tap the hamburger (≡) button icon to select the location from which you would like to upload a file or photo.
- Tap the file or photo(s) you would like to attach.
- Choose from Procore: Tap to select an existing photo in Procore.
- Tap the Procore album from which you want to add a photo.
- Tap the photo you want to add.
- Tap OK.
- Camera: Tap to take a photo to add to the inspection.
- Position your device's camera and tap the shutter release button to capture the photo.
- Tap Next.
- Optional: Tap the markup icon () to access the markup tool bar and add shapes, lines, and text to the photo.
- Tap Done.
- Choose File:
- Tap Save.
Note: This will save the observation and take you to the Observations log page, but it will not send notifications to the assignee and distribution list members.