To create an observation from the Locations tool with your Android device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' or above on the Observations tool.
- Navigate to the project's Locations tool on your Android device.
- Tap the location from which you want to create an observation, or scan a QR code. See Scan Location QR Code in the Locations Tool (Android).
- Tap Done.
- Tap Create New ().
- Tap Observations.
- Tap in the following fields to enter the appropriate information:
- Title: Title the observation to announce the general topic.
- Due Date: By default, the due date will be set to 7 days after the observation was created. This field is editable on the create and edit pages of the observation, and the default due date is editable on the configuration settings.
- Status: Set the status of the observation.
- Initiated: When you create the observation, it will be set to 'Initiated.' This means that the observation has been established in Procore and is awaiting the assignee to respond.
- Ready for Review: Once the assignee has acted upon the observation (whether by fixing the deficiency, by addressing the safety issue, etc.), he or she will respond to the observation by changing the status to "Ready for Review." This notifies the creator via email that the observation is ready for the creator to review.
- Not Accepted: Once the creator has reviewed the work, he or she might mark it as 'Not Accepted.' This means that the creator has deemed the work as not resolved. The observation is put back into the assignee's court.
- Closed: Once the creator has reviewed the work, he or she might mark it as 'Closed.' This means that the creator has deemed the work as resolved and approved, and has closed out the item.
- Contributing Condition: Select a contributing condition associated with the observation.
- Contributing Behavior: Select a contributing behavior associated with the observation.
- Hazard: Select a hazard associated with the observation.
- Trade: Select the relevant trade for this observation. It signifies which trade is involved in resolving the observation. Trades are set at the company level admin tab under trade configuration on a computer. See Add or Delete Trades.
- Location: Select the location the observation is found in. See How do I add a multi-tiered location to an item?
- You may also scan a location's QR code to enter a location. Tap the QR button in the top right. Point the camera of your device to the QR code to scan it. Procore will scan it automatically and add the location to the inspection. See
- Assignee: Select the user who will complete the work required from the observation.
(Note: This user must have 'Standard' or 'Admin' permissions on the Observations tool to respond or be set as an assignee.)
- Distribution: Select the user(s) you want to notify.
- Description: Add a description of the observation.
- Private: Tap the toggle to ON to mark the observation as 'Private.'
- Attachments: Tap to select one of the following:
- Choose File:
- Tap the hamburger (≡) button icon to select the location from which you would like to upload a file or photo.
- Tap the file or photo(s) you would like to attach.
- Choose from Procore: Tap to select an existing photo in Procore.
- Tap the Procore album from which you want to add a photo.
- Tap the photo you want to add.
- Tap OK.
- Camera: Tap to take a photo to add to the inspection.
- Position your device's camera and tap the shutter release button to capture the photo.
- Tap Next.
- Optional: Tap the markup icon () to access the markup tool bar and add shapes, lines, and text to the photo.
- Tap Done.
- Choose File:
- Tap Save.