To link photos to a drawing on an Android mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Read only' and above on the project's Drawings tool can add markups to their Personal layer.
- Only 'Standard' and 'Admin' level users can publish personal markups to the Published layer. See, What is the difference between personal and published markups?
- Additional Information:
- You will need the Photos tool on your account to add photos to drawings.
- Photos added to drawings will automatically populate in the Photos tool under an album called "Photos from Drawings." An "Origin" field will populate on the photo, which will indicate that the photo was uploaded via the Drawings tool.
- Choose to which album you want your photos to be added.
Note: If nothing is selected, the default location is an album called, "Photos from Drawings"
- Determine if you would like to mark all photos private by default in the Photos tool.
This asset/item can be viewed or edited in offline mode provided that the asset/item was previously viewed and cached on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the Drawings tool on an Android mobile device.
- Tap the drawing to which you want to add a photo.
- Select the camera icon () from the Markup toolbar, or select an existing camera markup icon in the drawing to add additional photos to the location. See image below:
- Tap the location on the drawing where you want to place photos.
- Select from the following options:
- Choose from Procore: Tap this option to select an existing photo from your project's Photos tool.
- Choose from Library: Tap this option to select a photo file from your mobile device's photos library.
- Take Photo: Tap this option to take a new photo with your device's camera. Once you've finished taking the photo, you will be prompted to mark up the drawing. Tap Save.
Note: You can move the camera icon around after you have added photos to your personal layer, but you cannot move the icon once you've published the photos for everyone on the project to see on the published layer. What is the difference between personal and published drawing markups?
- View the photos you've linked by selecting the hand markup tool and tapping the camera icon in the drawing.
- View all photos you've added to drawings in the Photos tool in the "Photos from Drawings" album.
- Optionally, you may Publish Personal Drawing Markups (Android) for the whole team to reference.