To copy a daily log from a previous day from your Android mobile device.
When you are building out a daily log report for a current day, you may want to copy or clone an entry from a previous day. For example, you can save time by copying the Manpower log especially if the same construction vendors or workers are on site performing work.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' permissions on the project's Daily Log tool.
- Additional Information:
- You can only copy a log entry from a single day to another day. If there are multiple entries for a single day, all entries will be copied to the new log. Copying data to/from a specified date range is currently not supported.
- You can copy one or more logs at the same time (e.g. Manpower, Timecard, etc.).
- You can edit entries once they've been copied over.
- You can use the copy feature on all active daily logs except the Weather log because the data is dynamically being pulled from the Dark Sky service.
- The change history for the Daily Log tool will be updated to reflect these changes. The entry will also denote that the log entry was created by using the copy feature.
- You can configure your Manpower log so that the 'Hours' and 'Workers' values on a copied manpower log entry are set to zero (0). See "Configure Advanced Settings: Daily Log" in the See Also section below.
Note: If this setting is not enabled, the copied manpower log entry will include the number of hours and workers from the previous entry.
- Navigate to the Daily Log tool from your Android mobile device.
- Tap Copy ().
- Tap From to select the date you want to copy.
- Tap To to select the date to which you want to add the copied log.
- Tap the section(s) you want to copy.
- Tap Copy Logs.