To properly format your multi-tiered locations for import.
You can use the Procore Imports App to self-import your multi-tiered locations in bulk to your project's Admin tool. This will add as many multi-tiered locations to your project as you need without having to manually add each location and sub-location in Procore. For additional information see What are multi-tiered locations?
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' level permission on the project's Admin tool.
- Download the Multi-Tiered Locations Import Template
- Format the Multi-Tiered Locations Import Template
Download the Multi-Tiered Locations Import Template
- Download the Locations Import Template: import-locations.xlsx
Format the Mutli-Tiered Locations Import Template
- Complete the import template.
- You must work from largest to smallest when creating your locations. Start with the first tier location (example "Building 1") and then add each sub-location until each tier is written out (e.g. "Floor 1, Unit 101, Master Bedroom"). See the image below of the recommended order.
- IMPORTANT! When adding a new location tier, leave the rest of the row's cells empty. See image below:
- See below considerations when filling out the template.
- General Considerations
- Make sure you begin with the first tier, then add the first tier with the second tier, and then add the first tier with the second tier and the third tier, etc.
- Make sure there are no blank rows.
- Make sure no additional empty columns were added. (More tiers columns can be added with headers, but no columns can be completely blank to the right or left.)
- Check for special/hidden characters. Many users will copy/paste their information from Microsoft Word into Excel. The interpretation of the symbols listed below are different between the two applications and will cause import errors. It's important to correct any incorrect symbols before importing. Hidden characters can be found and corrected (in most cases) by copying all data, pasting the text into Notepad, and then copying from Notepad and pasting it into the .xlsx or CSV. Be sure to note the correct placement of the information.
- , (comma)
- - (dash)
- / (dash)
- 1/2 (forward slash)
- " (double quote)
- ' (single quote)
- ` (grave accent)
- Important: Do not include ">" in any one tier's location title (e.g. "Floor>1" or "Floor 1>bathroom"). These tiers will be translated as tier separator and will cause the import to fail.
- General Considerations