The following article outlines the preferred method for uploading the project's Microsoft Project Schedule to Procore's Schedule tool. If you do not have a Windows computer, see Upload a Microsoft Project Schedule to Procore's Web Application.
To integrate a Microsoft Project schedule with a project managed in Procore.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permission on the project's Schedule tool.
- Supported Microsoft Project Versions:
- Additional Information:
- When you integrate an Microsoft Project, Asta, or Phoenix schedule with its associated project in Procore, anyone with ‘Read-only’ access and above (on the project’s Schedule tool) will have read-only access your Microsoft Project, Asta, or Phoenix schedule directly in Procore.
- Your schedule cannot be changed from Procore. (i.e. No users logged in to Procore will be able to add/delete/change any part of your schedule from Procore). Any changes to your project schedule must be performed using Microsoft Project, Asta, or Phoenix software and be reuploaded to Procore.
- You can only link a single schedule to a Procore project. When a new version of the schedule becomes available, you must remember to update the schedule in Procore.
- Make sure the most recent version of Procore Drive is installed on your computer. See Procore Drive: Setup Guide.
Procore Web Application
Before you can upload a schedule using Procore Drive, you need to configure the Schedule tool in Procore for the file type you're going to integrate with.
Note: You need 'Admin' level permissions to configure the Schedule tool.
- Navigate to the project's Schedule tool.
- Click Configure schedule settings.
- Click the Schedule Settings page.
- Under the Upload Project Schedule Files section, select 'File upload via Procore Drive.'
- At the bottom of the page, click Update.
Video content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
View as: Specialty Contractor as Client
- Launch Procore Drive on your computer.
- Log in using your Procore credentials, see Log in to Procore Drive.
- Select your company and project from the drop-down menus.
- Select the Schedule tool.
- Click Upload.
Note: If the project scheduling preference is currently configured for a 'Primavera Integration', click the Schedule File Integration drop-down menu.
- Browse your local file system and select the appropriate Microsoft Project , Asta Power, or Phoenix project file (*.mpp, *pp, *ppx, ect).
- Click Open.
- Verify that you can see your schedule and all of its data under your project’s Schedule tool.
Note: After you upload your initial schedule file, Procore will manage the file and save the uploaded version in the Documents tool in the 'Schedules' folder. To access this folder users need admin privileges on the Documents tool.