To upload files to a folder in Procore Drive.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the Documents tab in Procore
- Procore Drive is the best option for bulk uploads as opposed to uploading from Procore.
- Multi-select items by holding down "Shift" or "Control" (Ctrl) while clicking on files.
- All folders for a specific project will be kept under a folder with your project's name as the title. Any folder you make in Procore Drive will be a subfolder under your project's folder.
- To refresh the tool and item you are viewing within Procore Drive, click the refresh button similar to the one in your web browser.
- To navigate back to a previous screen, click the "< >" arrows at the top left of Procore Drive.
- Uploaded files will inherit the visibility permissions of its parent folder. For example, if you upload files into a locked folder, the new files under that folder will not be visible to 'Standard' level permissions and below. To learn how to lock a file or folder, see Lock/Unlock a Folder/File in Procore Drive.
- If you upload a file that has a name with characters that Microsoft doesn't support (aka "|%|%%|"), the file name would appear as " - ".
- Select the desired company and project in Procore Drive.
- Select the Documents tab.
- Expand or contract folders in your Procore Drive until you find the specific folder into which you will upload files.
Note: You may navigate through your folders on the right window or the file tree by double-clicking folders and files.
- Click the Upload files button in the right window.
- Select one or more files you wish to upload.
Note: If strict file uploads are enabled on your account, you may not be able to upload the following file types: apk, app, bat, bin, cmd, com, command, cpl, csh, exe, gadget, inf1, ins, inx, ipa, isu, job, jse, ksh, lnk, msc, msi, msp, mst, osx, out, paf, pif, prg, ps1, reg, rgs, run, sct, shb, shs, u3p, vb, vbe, vbs, vbscript, workflow, ws, wsf
- Click Open. After uploading, you can drag and drop files to specific folders within Procore Drive.
Upload files from Outlook
You may also drag and drop file(s) to a folder in your Procore Drive File tree from your Outlook.com email. Simply select the outlook.com email attachment(s) you would like to upload and drag them into Procore Drive. They will upload and save into the selected folder.