To track and untrack a file in Procore Drive.
You can choose to track a file in Procore Drive. Tracking a file will give you notifications of any modifications to the file or folder via email. Also the user will be notified of a file being "Checked In" when a revision has been made.
There may be certain files at the company or project level that you want to actively monitor so that you are notified when a newer revision of a document is uploaded into Procore. In such cases, you should use Procore's file tracking feature, which allows you to track any file in Procore. If you are tracking a file, you will receive an email notification when any of the following actions occur:
- a new revision is uploaded
- the file is checked in/out
- the filename is changed
- the parent folder's name is changed
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Read-only', 'Standard', or 'Admin' on the Documents tab within Procore
- In Procore Drive, you can only track files, not folders.
- Select multiple items by holding down the "Shift" or "Control" (Ctrl) key while clicking on files.
- To navigate back to a previous screen, click the "< >" arrows at the top left of Procore Drive.
- To refresh the tool and item you are viewing within Procore Drive, click the refresh button similar to the one in your web browser.
- Use the drop-down menus to select the desired company and project in Procore Drive. (Note: The drop-down menus will be hidden if you only have access to one company or project.)
- Select the Documents tab.
- Expand or contract folders in your Procore Drive until you see the specific folder or subfolder you wish to track a file from. (Note: You may navigate through your folders on the right window or the file tree by double clicking folders and files.)
- In the right hand viewer, double click the file you wish to track. In the file overview window, click Track.
- To untrack a file after you have tracked it, click Untrack which replaces the Track button.