To track and untrack a file in Procore Drive.
There may be certain files in the Documents tool that you want to actively monitor so that you are notified when a newer revision of a file is uploaded into Procore. In such cases, you should use the tracking feature, which allows you to track any file in Procore. If you are tracking a file, you will receive an email notification when any of the following actions occur:
- a new revision is uploaded
- the file is checked in/out
- the filename is changed
- the parent folder's name is changed
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Read-only' or higher permissions on the Documents tool in Procore
- Additional Information:
- In Procore Drive, you can only track files, not folders.
- To select multiple items at once, hold down the SHIFT or CONTROL (CTRL) key on your keyboard while clicking on files.
- To navigate back to a previous screen, click the "< >" arrows at the top left of Procore Drive.
- To refresh the tool and item you are viewing within Procore Drive, click the refresh button similar to the one in your web browser.
- Select the desired company and project in Procore Drive.
- Select the Documents tab.
- Expand or collapse folders in your Procore Drive until you see the specific folder or subfolder you wish to track a file from.
Note: You may navigate through your folders on the right window or the file tree by double clicking folders and files.
- In the right hand viewer, double click the file you wish to track. In the file overview window, click Track.
- To untrack a file after you have tracked it, click Untrack which replaces the Track button.