To lock or unlock a file using Procore Drive.
If you are a Procore administrator or project manager, you may want to hide documents from users who have 'Read-only' or 'Standard' permissions on the Documents tool, so that only 'Admin' users can view and modify documents. For example, you may want to lock a document that contains sensitive information that should not be visible to most users on a project.
Unlocked folders and files are visible to all users with 'Read-only' or above permissions on your project or company's Documents tool. Best practice is to lock an entire folder to hide all of the contents from 'Read-only' and 'Standard' level users, or to lock specific files within a folder so that 'Standard' and 'Read-only' level users have access to the folder without have access to locked files.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' permissions on the Documents tool in Procore.
- Additional Information:
- A locked folder/file is only visible to 'Admin' users. You may also grant access to specific users who are not 'Admin' level users in Procore. To find out how to change your document settings, see Change Permission Settings on a File/Folder in the Documents Tab.
- Uploaded files will inherit the visibility permissions of its parent folder. For example, if you upload files into a locked folder, the new files under that folder will not be visible to 'Standard' level permissions and below.
- If you have 'Standard' permissions and uploaded a document, an 'Admin' user can lock your file. In such cases, you will not be able to view or access the file even though you were the person who originally uploaded it into Procore.
- To refresh the tool and item you are viewing within Procore Drive, click the refresh button similar to the one in your web browser.
- To navigate back to a previous screen, click the "< >" arrows at the top left of Procore Drive.
- Select the desired company and project in Procore Drive.
- Select the Documents tab.
- Expand or collapse folders in your Procore Drive until you find the specific folder or file you wish to lock or unlock.
Note: You may navigate through your folders on the right window or the file tree by double clicking folders and files.
- When viewing a folder or file, click the lock icon to lock or unlock to unlock the folder/file.
Note: If you lock a folder, all of its files will be locked.