In BetaThis page details functionality that is not available in Procore's production environment. Access to the features documented here is limited to specific Procore customers who have signed the required agreement to participate in Procore's Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Beta Program. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. All information and content on this page is subject to change without any prior notice.
To create your company's default Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
When you are setting up your Work Breakdown Structure for the first time, you have a choice between using the default budget code and structure that comes with Procore or you can customize this structure to create your own company level WBS. This tutorial provides you with an overview of the the steps you take to customize Procore's default WBS for your company's Procore account. If you are customizing your WBS, you'll want to complete this step before customizing your WBS for your individual projects.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Admin tool.
- For companies using the ERP Integrations tool: Show/Hide
- Custom Segments are NOT supported with the ERP Integrations tool.
- Your company must be licensed for Procore's Project Financials tools.
When getting started with WBS, you can use Procore's default WBS or you can add custom segments. The steps below assume you want to add custom segments to your company's budget code structure.
- Create your custom segments and add custom segment items as follows:
- If you need to make changes to your segments, it is recommended that you do that now:
- If you want to add custom segment items to your default segments, do the following:
- Now that your segments are as you want them, you can configure your company's budget code structure as follows: