To set up a Production Quantity Report that tracks the progress of quantity installation on site.
Production quantities are the finished product that the team installs on site, such as square feet of concrete wall, number of light fixtures, or linear feet of piping. This feature allows users to upload budgeted production quantities from outside the Budget tool. They can then view the comparison of production quantities entered in the Timesheets tool to these uploaded budgeted production quantities in a Production Quantity Report. The primary value of this report is to track the progress of product installed on site by seeing the percentage complete for each cost code and includes calculated values like budgeted, actual, and remaining quantities. This gives the teams real-time insight into the percentage of work complete for tasks on site.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the project's Directory tool.
- Supported Import File Type:
- Prerequisites (If Budget tool is enabled):
- The Budget tool must be unlocked. See Unlock a Budget.
- Additional Information:
- You do NOT need to have the Budget tool enabled to create or view the Production Quantity Report.
- The 'Unit Quantity Based Budget' section in the project's Admin tool is only available to those who have the Timesheets tool enabled.
- It is recommended that you only import your Budgeted Production Quantities once. However, if you choose to import a newer version of the Budgeted Production Quantities, any new items will be added to the report and changes to the “original” Budgeted Production Quantities will be overwritten with the most recent version.
- Navigate to the project's Admin tool.
- In the right side pane under Project Settings, click Unit Quantity Based Budget.
- Under Import Budget CSV, click Download Template.
The system downloads a copy of the project-name-import-unit-quantity-based-budget.xlsx file to the download location for your web browser.
Important! You must always add your project's budgeted quantities into the provided template XLSX file. For compatibility reasons, it's strongly recommended that you only use the provided template (project-name-import-unit-quantity-based-budget.xlsx) for importing your budgeted quantities data for the Production Quantity Report.
- Before updating the XLSX file, be aware of the following:
- DO NOT rename any column headings in the XLSX.
- DO NOT add, remove, or change the order of the columns in the XLSX.
- You do NOT need to delete any unused data rows. Procore will neither import data nor create items for any rows where the Production Qty field is blank.
- In the XLSX file, click the second tab, Budgeted Quantities.
- Enter the number of budgeted quantities estimated for each cost code in the Production Qty column (Column D).
- Select the unit of measure (UoM) from the following pre-filled drop-down list in the UoM column (Column E).
- Ea: Each
- Ls: Lump Sum
- Lf: Linear Feet
- Sf: Square Feet
- Sy: Square Yard
- Cy: Cubic Yard
- Lbs: Pounds
- Ton: Tons
- Save your changes to the XLSX file.
Important! Always save the file in the .xlsx file format.
- Navigate back to your project Admin tool's Unit Quantity Based Budget section.
- In the Import Budget CSV area, click Choose File.
- In the window that appears, select your .xlsx file. Then click Open.
- When the file name appears next to the 'Choose File' button, click Import.
Note: If your project has the Budget tool enabled, the file will only import if the Budget is unlocked.
- Check the import and verify that all the budgeted production quantities that were entered in the Production Qty and UoM columns were properly imported by viewing them on the Unit Quantity Based Budget page.