Also available on
To bulk enter time entry fields for multiple workers on a timesheet.
Use Bulk Time Entry to apply the same time entry information for selected employees added on a single timesheet. For example, a foreman can enter in time information to apply to half of the field crew who worked on one task and then enter in time information to apply to the other half of the crew working on a different task.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Timesheets tool.
- Navigate to the project's Timesheets tool.
- Click Create in the top right corner.
- Click New Daily Timesheet.
- In the Add Employees window, select the checkbox(es) next to your desired employee(s) and/or crew member(s).
- To appear in this list, the person must be added to a Directory and a checkmark must appear in the 'Is Employee of <Your Company>' box on their profile. For more information on how to check for this setting in a user's profile, see Edit a Person in the Project Directory.
- Employees who are only entered in the Company Directory can be selected if the setting "Employees Can Be Tracked On All Projects" is enabled. See Track Employees To All Projects For Timesheets for more information.
- To select a crew, a crew must first be created in the Crews tool. For more information, see Create a Crew.
- Click Add.
This reveals the Timesheet timecard entries list.
- Mark the checkboxes next to the employees you would like to enter the same time information for.
- Click Bulk Time Entry located toward the top left corner.
Note: To select ALL employees in the list, mark the checkbox to the left of Bulk Time Entry or "Unassigned"/Crew Name.
- Enter in the following desired information that you wish to apply to the selected employees:
- Sub Job: Select from the drop-down menu the sub job associated with the time entry.
- Cost Codes: Enter or Select from the drop-down menu the cost code(s) associated with the log entry.
Note: If you are a Company Admin, you can limit the cost code selections that appear in this list. To learn more, see Set Default Cost Types.
- Location: Select from the drop-down menu the location where the work was performed by that user.
- Start: Enter or Select the time the user began working.
- Stop: Enter or Select the time the user stopped working.
Note: You will only see the Start and Stop fields if you have configured your settings to show these fields. See Configure Advanced Settings: Timesheets.
- Lunch Time: Select from the drop-down menu the amount of time taken for a lunch break. Select from the following options:
- The amount of time selected will be subtracted from the Total Time.
- This field will only be available if Start Time and Stop Time is enabled.
- 0 min (Default)
- 30 min
- 45 min
- 60 min
- Time Type: Select from the drop-down menu the type of pay being entered. Select from the following options:
Note: If you are a Company Timecard Admin, you can add custom time types and/or exclude time types in this list. See Configure Advanced Settings: Timecard for more information.
- Regular Time
- Double Time
- Billable: Select from the drop-down menu if the hours are billable by clicking Yes or No.
- Add Line Item: Click this option to create extra line items on a time entry.
- Click Apply.
This reveals the timesheet's timecard entries list.
Note: Before you Submit, a cost code, start time, and stop time will have to be entered for every timecard entry.
- Click Submit and Add Quantities if you would like to add quantities to your timesheet.
Note: This button will be disabled if quantities have not been uploaded in to your project. See Add Quantities to a Timesheet for more information.
- Click Submit to create the timesheet.
A banner will appear at the bottom of the page confirming the timesheet was successfully created.