To upload a project schedule update that has first been revised in your third-party scheduling software.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' on the project's Schedule tool.
- Uploading a project schedule update will not remove the previous schedule's Change History from the system.
Supported File Formats:
The file types listed below can be uploaded directly:
- MPP (Microsoft Project)
- MPX (Microsoft Project, SureTrak)
- XER (Primavera P6, Primavera Contractor)
- PP (Asta Powerproject, Asta Easyplan)
- XML (Formatted for Microsoft Project, e.g. Smartsheet, OpenProject)
- XML (Primavera PMXML)
- PPX (Phoenix Project Manager)
- FTS (FastTrack Schedule)
- POD (ProjectLibre)
- GAN (GanttProject)
- PEP (TurboProject)
- PRX (Primavera P3)
- STX (Primavera SureTrak)
- CDPX (ConceptDraw PROJECT)
- CDPZ (ConceptDraw PROJECT)
- SP (Synchro Scheduler)
- ZIP (Compressed file containing one of the supported file types listed above)
- Project schedules cannot be edited in Procore. They must always be updated in the third-party software program (e.g., Microsoft Project, Asta Powerproject, etc.) and then uploaded into Procore again.
- If you are using Microsoft Project (and have a Windows computer), Procore recommends that you update your schedule following the steps described in "Integrate a Microsoft Project Schedule using Procore Drive" in the See Also section below.
This action overwrites the previously uploaded schedule. It also resets the information in the Change History subtab.
- Navigate to the project's Schedule tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- In the Project Schedule Settings page, make sure Overwrite Schedule is selected in the right pane.
- Under the Overwrite Current Schedule with New Schedule area, do the following:
- Click the Choose File button.
- Navigate to the schedule file on your computer or network. Then click Open.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update.
The "Schedule Uploaded, processing should start soon" message appears. Your schedule is placed into a job queue and the system updates the schedule on a task-by-task basis. Depending on the number of jobs in the queue and the size of your project schedule, the overwrite process may take some time to complete. You can continue working in Procore during this process (Note: To confirm that your upload is complete, click the links in the View By menu to view the schedule changes).
Important! While the schedule is being updated, it is recommended that you do not attempt to upload another schedule update. Doing so will add a second job to the queue and jobs will be processed in the order they were uploaded into the system.