To change who needs to respond next on an RFI.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the RFIs tool.
- Additional Information:
- If you want to put the Ball In Court (BIC) person back to the original assignee: First, edit the RFI. Then navigate to the Ball in Court drop-down list and choose Assignees.
- If you want to change the assignment for the current BIC person to a new assignee (not Creator or RFI Manager), click Edit on the RFI to change the "Assigned To" field to the new assignee who should hold the BIC. (this user must have 'Standard' permissions or above on the RFIs tool). If you have email notifications enabled for when an RFI is re-assigned (see Configure Advanced Settings: RFIs for information on how to enable this), the new assignee will get an email with a link to the RFI in Procore. If this is not enabled, the new assignee will not get an email.
- If you want to distribute the RFI to someone with 'Read-Only' permissions, you can cancel out of the Edit page and click the Email button in the right pane of the RFI. See Email Forward an RFI for more information.
- The RFI tool automatically sends an email notification to alert an RFI's BIC person when their required action on an RFI is overdue.
- A user can create custom reports with multiple BICs. See Create and View a Custom RFI Report for more information on how to create a custom report.
- Navigate to the project's RFIs tool.
This reveals the Open RFIs page.
- Locate the desired RFI. Then click Edit.
Note: You can alternatively click the View button and then click Edit in the view screen.
- At the bottom of the 'General Information' section of the RFI, click on the drop-down menu next to Ball in Court.
- Select the person who you would like to change the ball in court to from the following:
- Assignees. Select Assignees if you would like for the 'Assigned To' individual(s) to take action on the RFI.
- Creator. Choose Creator if you would like for the person who 'Initiated By' the RFI to respond to the RFI.
- RFI Manager. Select this option if you would like for the RFI Manager to be the next Ball in Court.
(Note: See constraints in the "Things to Consider section")
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update.