To reject a 'Resolved' punch list item because the item still requires additional work to be brought into compliance.
When work on a Punch List item has been complete, an Assignee will mark the item as 'Resolved'. The responsible parties will then review the work and mark it as 'Closed' if the work is satisfactory. However, if a 'Resolved' punch item does not satisfy the compliance standards for a particular scope of work (e.g. an installed faucet is leaking), the responsible parties users with 'Admin' permissions on the Punch List tool can dispute the resolution and send the punch item back to the item's Assignee.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' on the project's Punch List tool.
- An 'Admin' user can change an item's Status from 'Resolved' to 'Unresolved' (and vice versa) at any time.
Change the Status of Your Punch List Item from the Web
- Navigate to your project's Punch List tool.
- View the punch list item you wish to reject.
- Click Edit Response. (Note: Do not click the Edit button, unless you need to change the details of the punch item.)
- For the "Response Status" field, change the selection from 'Resolved' to 'Unresolved' and enter a briefly describe why the item was rejected and what still needs to be fixed. (Note: When you reject a punch item, its due date will not be changed. If you wish to set a new due date, you must first edit the punch item.)
- Click the Update & Email button to send the assignee an email notification that the item was rejected (i.e. marked as 'Unresolved') and inform them that the item still needs to be resolved. If you need to change the assignee, you should use the Update option so that you can change the assignee before sending an email notification. (Note: To change a punch item's assignee, you must first edit the punch item.)