To reject a punch list item because its resolution does not meet compliance standards.
When all work on a punch list item has been resolved, the item’s Assignee will mark the item as ‘Resolved’. The work will then be reviewed by the responsible party. If the work is satisfactory, the responisble party will mark the item as 'Closed.' However, if a 'Resolved' item does not satisfy the compliance standards for a particular scope of work (e.g. an installed faucet is leaking), the responsible parties users with 'Admin' permissions on the Punch List tool can dispute the resolution and send the item back to the item's Assignee.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' on the project's Punch List tool.
- An 'Admin' level user on the Punch List tool can change an item's Response Status from 'Resolved' to 'Unresolved' (and vice versa) at any time.
- Navigate to your project's Punch List tool.
- Click the item you want to reject.
- Click Edit Response.
Note: Do not click the Edit button, unless you want to also change the item's details.
- In the Response Status dropdown menu, select 'Unresolved.'
Note: When you mark an item as 'Unresolved,' its due date will not be changed. To set a new due date, you must edit the item. See "Edit a Punch List Item" in the See Also section below.
- Choose from the following options:
- Click the Update & Email to send the assignee an email notification that the item was rejected (i.e. marked as 'Unresolved') and inform them that the item still needs to be resolved.
- Click Update if you want to edit additional information related to the item before sending a notification. If you need to change the assignee, you should use the Update option so that you can change the assignee before sending an email notification.
Note: To change a item's Assignee, you must edit the item.See "Edit a Punch List Item" in the See Also section below.