To import a project's Prime Contract's Schedule of Values (SOV) into Procore by uploading an exported XML file from ProEst.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' on the Prime Contract tool
- Project data is not synchronized between your project in ProEst and Procore. If you make changes to the estimate in ProEst, you'll need to upload a revised version into Procore if you want the line items to match.
- Proest cost codes must match the cost codes you have in Procore.
Export a Project Estimate from ProEst
If you do not have an XML file of your ProEst project, see Export a Project Estimate from ProEst.
Import a ProEst XML file into Procore
- Go to a project's Prime Contract tab.
- Go to the Schedule of Values sub tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- Specify whether you want the line items to be separated by division or subdivision.
- Select the XML file and click the Import button.
- Wait a few seconds for the file to be uploaded into Procore. Click the Schedule of Values subtab to refresh the contents of the tab.
- Check the import and verify that all items of your budget were properly imported.
- If necessary, you can make further changes to the SOV by clicking Edit.
- Manually add additional line items
- Delete a line item
- Change the selected cost code number
- Edit a line item's description, type, and contract amount
If the combination of the sub job, cost code, and cost type are non-budgeted for a line item, this line item will be added directly to the Budget with a "?" next to the line item. See Add a Partial Budget Line Item.
- Click Save. (Use the Save and Email button if you want to save your changes, as well as forward a copy of the Prime Contract using Procore's built-in email feature. You'll also be able to specify recipients and include a brief message about the Prime Contract and its SOV.)