To set up custom billing groups for owner invoices. You can then group by your custom billing group on the invoice's Configurable PDF.
Billing groups on invoices are useful when you need to group or categorize your SOV for the purposes of invoicing. For example, you could create billing groups for self-performed work, by building systems (GCs, architectural, structural, building envelope, MEP), or by subcontractor.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' on the project's Prime Contract tool.
- Bill codes and Bill groups are sorted on the invoice in alpha order. If you want to sort your bill codes and groups in a different order, put a number in front of the code or group (e.g. if you want General Conditions to be at the top of the invoice, label the code 1-General Conditions).
- Navigate to the project's Prime Contract.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- Click Billing Groups Configuration in the right pane.
- To add a new billing group, click + Add Billing Group.
- To add a bill code under that billing group, click + Add Bill Code.
- To save your changes, press Enter on your keyboard or click out of the text field.