About Subcontractor Invoices
Subcontractor invoices allow subcontractors to progressively bill at several stages during the construction process, and these billings are based on a verified percentage of that commitment's completion. General contractors can configure billing period start and end dates, as well as the billing date, for each billing period. They can invite subcontractors to complete invoices for the most recent billing period, or they can create invoices on behalf of the subcontractor. Once the invoice has been approved, payment can be issued against the commitment.
Recommended Workflow for GCs
- Configure settings in the Invoicing tool to set up monthly billing period dates. You can also enable reminder emails for invoice invitations. See "Configure Settings: Invoicing" in the See Also section below.
- Create a billing distribution for invoices for each commitment so you can select who you want to receive invoice invitations. See "Create Invoice Contacts" in the See Also section below.
- Create a billing period to send invoices out for. See "Start a New Billing Period and Send Invoice Emails" in the See Also section below.
- Send Invoice invitations to the billing distribution. See "Send Subcontractor Invoice Invitations" in the See Also section below.
- Subcontractors who were invited to create invoices can do so by clicking the link in their invitation email. To edit their invoice, or create on their behalf, see "Create an Invoice on Behalf of a Subcontractor" in the See Also section below..
Set Up Subcontractor Invoices (Requisitions) in Procore
Create and Submit Invoices (Requisitions) for Subcontractors
Create, Review, and Edit Invoices (Requisitions) for Contractors
Log Payments Issued for Invoices (Requisitions) for Contractors