Use the Configurable PDF sub tab on an Invoice to present the owner an invoice customized the way you want.
Invoice have two sub tabs that display billed amounts information: the Detail subtab and the Configurable PDF sub tab. In the Configurable PDF subtab, you can customize the way line items are shown by grouping or summarizing them. The Configurable PDF sub tab also shows change orders in line with the contract's original schedule of values, while the Detail subtab is where you will enter work completed, stored materials, and retainage and the change orders can be broken down by line item and are shown below the contract's original schedule of values.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permission on the project's Prime Contract tool.
- Additional Information:
- If you click the Email Invoice button, only the Detail tab PDF of the Invoice will be sent to recipients, not the Configurable PDF tab.
- Navigate to the project's Invoicing tool.
- Under the Owner sub-tab, select the prime contract that you want to work with.
- Click the Invoices tab.
- Click View next to the Invoice with the Configurable PDF that you wish to edit.
- Click the Configurable PDF subtab.
- The Configurable PDF subtab shows change orders in line. You can then customize the PDF any of the following ways:
- Summarization: By clicking the arrows, you can expand and collapse the line items to show differing levels of data. For example, you can expand to view Division, Cost Code or Cost Type level information depending on what Grouping options you select. In order to expand all, click the arrow next to "Description" in the top row.
- Grouping: Click the Group drop-down menu to group or subtotal line items by any of the following:
- Sub Job
- Cost Code
- Cost Type
- Custom Group
Note: If you select a custom group for your PDF, you must assign a bill code to each line item by selecting a bill code in the column whose name matches the name of your custom billing group.
- Finally, you can Export your PDF by clicking the Export Configurable PDF button.