To edit a billing period for invoices by editing a Period Start, Period End, Billing Date and Status.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' level on the project's Commitments tool.
- There can only be one billing period with the status of 'Open' at a given time on a given project.
- The Period Start Date cannot be after the Period End Date.
- There cannot be two of the same Period Start and Period Date combination.
- The billing date is the due date that the subcontractor needs to create (not submit) the invoice by. If the Due Date has passed, the subcontractor cannot create the invoice, though an Admin level user can create one on their behalf. If the invoice has been created, and the Due Date has passed, the subcontractor can still Edit and/or Submit the Invoice if the status is in 'Draft' or 'Revise & Resubmit'.
- In order to create invoices for a billing period, the billing date must not have passed, and the status must be "Open."
- Navigate to the project's Invoicing tool.
- Under the Subcontractor sub-tab, click Billing Periods.
- To change a date, click into one of these fields to open a calendar control or type a date:
- Period Start
- Period End
- Due Date
- To change the status of a billing period, select Open or Closed from the Status list.
Note: You can only have one (1) billing period with the status of open at a time.
- To save your edits, click Done, or click out of the field box.