To create invoice contacts for a contract so you can send out invoices invitations for commitments.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' on the Commitments tool.
- You can set up default Invoice Contacts from the Company Directory. See "Add a Company to the Company Directory" in the See Also section below for more information.
- In order for Invoice Contacts to receive emails, 'via email' must be selected for 'Send This User Messages' in the Project Directory. See "Add a User Account to Project Directory" in the See Also section below for more information.
- Navigate to the Invoicing tool.
- Under the Subcontractor sub-tab, click the link in the Commitment column to select the contract that you want to add invoice contacts to.
- Click the Edit button.
- In the Invoice Contacts drop-down menu, select the person or people you want to add to the invoice contacts distribution. This is the person, or people, who will receive the Invitation email, as well as the Reminder email. They will also be automatically added to the Private section on the General sub-tab of the commitment.
- You must select a Contract Company before you can select the Invoice Contact.
- The person or people will need to be added to the Project Directory prior to creating the commitment.
- The person or people will need to be added to the Company Directory Invoice Contacts in order to auto-populate in this field.
- Invoice contacts can edit the subcontractor schedule of values.
- Click Save.
- Invoice contacts will receive an email when the invoice status is updated to Revise & Resubmit, or when the subcontractor schedule of values status is updated to Revise & Resubmit.
- Invoice contacts will receive an email to edit the subcontractor schedule of values if an Admin clicks the Create & Email or Save & Email buttons on the General tab of the commitment.
- Invoice contacts will receive an email if the “Notify Subcontractors When Invoices Are Approved” setting is enabled in Invoicing Settings. See "Configure Settings: Invoicing" in the See Also section below.