To create a payment in Procore to keep record of payments received.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' on the project's Prime Contract tool.
- You can only create a payment if the status of the Prime Contract is either in the "Approved" or "Complete" state.
- Navigate to the project's Invoicing tool.
- Under the Owner sub-tab, select the prime contract that you want to work with.
- Click the orange Create Payment button in the right pane.
- Fill out the following fields:
- Invoice: Select an invoice from the drop-down to tie that payment to.
- Date: Select a date that the payment was received.
- Payment #: Specify the payment number.
- Invoice #: Enter the invoice number for the payment, if applicable.
- Check #: Enter the check number for the payment.
- Notes: Include any additional notes about the payment.
- Amount: Enter in the amount of the payment that was received.
- Attachments: Include any attachments related to the payment (e.g. the check or the invoice related to the payment).
- Click Add. The payment you just created will now be listed in the "Payments Received" section at the bottom of the page.
- Click Save. You will see a list of all payments received, which you can then export to a PDF.
Note: All payments received will also be tracked in the Contract Summary Report in the General sub-tab for the prime contract.
If you would like to learn more about Procore’s invoice management software and how it can help your business, please visit our construction invoice management software product page here.