To create a payment in Procore to keep record of payments received.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' on the project's Prime Contract tool.
- You can only create a payment if the status of the Prime Contract is either in the "Approved" or "Complete" state.
- Navigate to the project's Invoicing tool.
- Under the Owner sub-tab, select the prime contract that you want to work with.
- Click the orange Create Payment button in the right pane.
- Fill out the following fields:
- Invoice: Select an invoice from the drop-down to tie that payment to.
- Date: Select a date that the payment was received.
- Payment #: Specify the payment number.
- Invoice #: Enter the invoice number for the payment, if applicable.
- Check #: Enter the check number for the payment.
- Notes: Include any additional notes about the payment.
- Amount: Enter in the amount of the payment that was received.
- Attachments: Include any attachments related to the payment (e.g. the check or the invoice related to the payment).
- Click Add. The payment you just created will now be listed in the "Payments Received" section at the bottom of the page.
- Click Save. You will see a list of all payments received, which you can then export to a PDF.
Note: All payments received will also be tracked in the Contract Summary Report in the General sub-tab for the prime contract.