To add a payment to the Payments Issued tab of a commitment from the Invoicing tool.
To keep track of any payments that your company issues for subcontractor invoices, you can use the steps below to add a payment record to the Payments Issued tab on a commitment.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- You must be an invoice administrator.
Open the Invoice's Commitment
- Navigate to the project's Invoicing tool.
- Click the Subcontractor tab.
- Locate the invoice that you want to issue a payment for.
- Click the link in the invoice's Commitment column to open that commitment.
Add a Payment to the Commitment
- In the commitment, click the Payments Issued tab.
- Click Edit.
- In the Add Payment window, enter the following:
Select an existing invoice from the drop-down that the issued payment is attached to.
Note: If the payment is linked to the invoice, the Payment Status column on the Billings page will update from Unpaid to either Partially Paid or Paid for that invoice's billing period only.
- Payment #
Enter the related payment number for the issued payment.
- Payment Method
Select a payment method from the drop-down list: Check, Credit Card, and Electronic.
Enter the amount of the payment.
Enter the issue date for the payment
- Invoice #
Enter the related invoice number for the payment issued.
- Check #
Enter the related check number for the payment issued.
Enter any additional notes regarding the issued payment for record purposes.
Attach any relevant files or documents.
- Click Add.