To create an injury record within an incident.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' or 'Admin' permissions on the Incidents tool.
Navigate to the Incidents tool, and click Edit next to the incident under which you want to create an Injury record. Under Incident Records, click Add Record.
- Click Injury from the Add Record drop-down menu.
- Enter the following information, or select "(None)," from the applicable drop-down menus.
Note: Each of the following fields are to be filled only when applicable.
- Affected Company: Select the company of the person who was involved from the incident. If you have selected a contact in the Person Affected field, this will automatically populate with the person affected's company name as it appears in your Directory tool.
- Person Affected: Select the person who was involved in the incident. If you have selected an affected company, choose from contacts in your Directory who are associated to that company.
Note: See Update a Person's Company Information.
- Work activity: Select the activity the person was doing when the incident occurred.
- Equipment: Select the equipment involved in the incident.
Note: This list is pulled from the Project level equipment list. See Add Equipment if the equipment you are looking for is not present in this list.
- Source of Harm: Select the source of harm to the person (e.g. material, electrical, chemical).
- Injury/Illness: Select the injury/illness that the person sustained from the incident.
- Body Part Affected: Select the body part affected by the injury/illness sustained in the incident.
- Work Days Absent: Enter the number of work days the person was absent from work because of injuries or illnesses sustained in the incident.
- Work Days Restricted: Enter the number of work days the person was restricted from work because of injuries or illnesses sustained in the incident.
- Work Days Transferred: Enter the number of work days the person was transferred to another role on the jobsite because of injuries or illnesses sustained in the incident.
- Date of Death: Enter the date that the person died because of the incident.
- Filing Type: Select the filing type the person chose to use.
- Treatment Provider: Enter the name of the treatment provider who treated the person's injuries or illnesses.
- Treatment Facility: Enter the name of the facility that the person was sent to for treatment.
- Treatment Facility Address: Enter the address of the facility that the person who was sent to for treatment.
- Treated in ER: Mark this checkbox if the person was treated in the Emergency room.
- Hospitalized Overnight: Mark this checkbox if the person stayed in the hospital overnight.
- Click Submit.