To set up a live project cam in Procore so project team members can watch live video stream of a construction site from Procore's Project Home page.
If you've installed a camera with a supported feed (see Things to Consider below), you can embed the camera's live video stream into the Procore web application. This gives users who who have permission to the project's Home page the ability to watch a real-time view taken by the project's camera.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To set up a live project cam, 'Admin' level permissions or higher on the project's Home page.
- To view a live project cam, 'Read-Only' level permssions or higher on the project's Home page.
- Supported Camera Feeds:
- Procore Requirements:
To embed the feed for the live project cam into the Procore web application, the following must be true:
- SSL Encryption. The URL for the live video stream must use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. (i.e., The HTTPS and not the HTTP protocol). For example: 'https://feed.company.com'
- Static URL. The URL for the camera's live feed must have a static address. A static address is one where the link to web page remains the same and does NOT redirect the users to other content (e.g., the URL must take users directly to the live video stream and NOT first redirect users to a login page).
- iFrame Compatible. The camera's live video stream must be iFrame compatible so that its feed can be embedded in the Procore web application.
Embed a Live Project Cam Feed in the Project Home Page
- Navigate to your project's Home page.
- Click Configure Settings .
- Click Project Home Settings in the right pane.
- Configure the camera and live feed settings as follows:
- Project Home iFrame Title. Enter the name of the project's camera (e.g., Lakefront Project Camera).
- Project Home iFrame URL. Enter the URL for the project camera's live feed (e.g., https://feed.company.com).
NOTE: See your camera manufacturer's documentation for information about how to create a URL for the camera feed.
- Click Update to save the settings.